Discussion » Questions » Politics » Hillary fans are perverted losers who hate women and abuse orphans.It must be so.Now I use a question mark and this is no longer an insult?

Hillary fans are perverted losers who hate women and abuse orphans.It must be so.Now I use a question mark and this is no longer an insult?

I am simply trying to understand the rules. I can write any sort of insult or accusation but as long as I put some other phrase after it and eventually a question mark then it is not a hateful statement?  Or maybe if I do it 20 times a day it is then ok?  I can call people losers and rapist and perverts and bullies and fat and all else and that question mark has magic that turns my statement from an insult into a question. That is amazing. Just by using a question mark I am free of hate.

Posted - October 17, 2016

Responses

• Aren't you people always telling others to grow a thicker skin? So why can't you do that here? As long as it's not a personal insult against a specific user, these generalizations shouldn't be offending you. Unless you're easily offended.  This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at October 17, 2016 1:39 PM MDT
      October 17, 2016 11:50 AM MDT

I have told no one anything about their skin. I am not bothered so much by insults as I am by the people saying these are not insults and just questions. Let us be real here. The person who does this complains about hate and bullying yet is the most hateful and biggest bully on this site.
      October 17, 2016 12:06 PM MDT

• Fair enough. Either it's all allowed or none of it is. I agree I don't like people being dishonest about their thinly veiled insults. At least be willing to admit it's an insult. 
      October 17, 2016 12:10 PM MDT

And you are 100% correct, ITpro!!!!!!!

October 17, 2016 8:16 PM MDT

May I post whatever I wish about hillary supporters as long as it has a question mark?
    This is where I feel it crosses a line. This member has made claims such as going to boarding school results in sexual repression, women who support trump are half-male half-female, etc. This member targets groups with insults. While I agree insults towards trump and hillary are definitely fair play I am not sure about these other insults. So may I call hillary supporters a bunch of ignorant fools 20 times a day?
      October 17, 2016 12:11 PM MDT

• I see it done all the time on other sites I post on. "Do retarded/racist Hillary/Trump supporters realize they're destroying America?" Appears every day this election season. 
      October 17, 2016 12:20 PM MDT

Yep, you got it.

Start your "question" with a false "fact", a bad premise (although in the example that you used I'm not so sure that it really is a false statement). Then structure the actual question on that first statement being absolutely true. It's kind of like that old saw about the way a lawyer poses questions when taking testamony: "Are you still beating your spouse?"
      October 17, 2016 12:06 PM MDT

See, the trouble with people like you is you cannot tell fact from fiction.
      October 17, 2016 12:08 PM MDT

I can tell someone like you who has real opinions and a sense of humor and mocks and does not spam from someone else who is doing what he/she does with single-minded focus to insult people many times a day while pretending to be some kind grandmotherly figure.
      October 17, 2016 12:15 PM MDT

I can tell you cannot write very well. That is what I can tell. 

Get a thesaurus. 
      October 17, 2016 12:17 PM MDT

How many languages can you write perfectly in? Complain to me when it is more than 1.
      October 17, 2016 12:21 PM MDT

I always ALWAYS am on the side of those who speak more than one language fluently.   SO, that is not what I am alluding to.  You, sir, make no valid points.   I am not knocking your word prowess.  I am knocking your thought process and a thesaurus would maybe let you see what words mean besides just the definition of speaking another language.

I think you are probably a swell human.  I cannot abide by your commentary about Donald Trump, whom you obviously know zero about.  It is really beyond anything I can endure from ANY ONE no matter if they speak every language on earth.

But congrats for speaking English so well.  And whatever others you are more than proficient in.   It's your mind I am worried about.
      October 17, 2016 12:25 PM MDT

IT professionals only have to know how to write code.  ;)
      October 17, 2016 8:21 PM MDT

• I share your exasperation with a certain passive aggressive, Trump obsessed, personality disordered, nutcase.

Said person is too self blind and self righteous to ever see they're the most hateful person on here. It's hopeless. Just move on.
      October 17, 2016 12:38 PM MDT

You are the one that is obsessed with HER.  She is a known character on this site.  So what.  Why do you feel you have to continually harangue and answer her if she is so awful? 

Because you want attention more than she does even. 

October 17, 2016 1:09 PM MDT

• I've made a total of 331 posts since June this year. I don't continuously do anything. You've made 5781 and yet you are still dwarfed.

Though you're right, I should take my own advice and move on.
      October 17, 2016 1:36 PM MDT

You can filter your activity feed so that content from other members does not show up.

http://www.answermug.com/faq/view/39/97/98/0/how-do-i-filter-the-activity-feed

October 17, 2016 1:02 PM MDT

October 17, 2016 1:09 PM MDT

If you're implying that there's some sort of disparity between the way liberals are treated and the way conservatives are treated, then state it outright (in the form of a question).

I think you're right, but then I have no expectations that either 'side' will be treated fairly by the other when they are in power.  Power being a relative term as it is used here, of course.
      October 17, 2016 1:37 PM MDT

• If this election season has taught me anything, it's that both sides can be just as hypocritical, hateful, spiteful, and dishonest as the other. Each side thinks the other side is the only guilty one, but they truly are just two sides of the same dirty old coin. 
      October 17, 2016 1:39 PM MDT

Spot on!

AFAIC, I want nothing to do with it.  Just watching the friggin' 'news' makes me feel dirty.
      October 17, 2016 1:42 PM MDT