Active Now

Zack
Element 99
Discussion » Questions » Politics » Sex scandal! Is that what people really wish to talk about? Is that why this campaign goes lower each day?

Sex scandal! Is that what people really wish to talk about? Is that why this campaign goes lower each day?

Policy is not even a factor considered in this election and I think that is fair because policy does not really exist when corruption is so high as with hillary, but corruption is not even a factor in this election because the campaigns have found that anything to do with sex is much more fascinating to america's public. So people will go to the polls and decide who has a worse sexual history. It is sad and amazing that this is how it has been reduced. I am sure the trump campaign will respond in kind and accusations against hillary will appear and they will be as fake as the ones against trump and people will consider at the polls which person had the best accusers. We do not care who works for the banks or who sells arms to sponsors of ISIS, we only care who has the dirtier imagined sex life. Trump is not perfect but I am sure even if god himself ran we would see a dirty corrupt politician win simply by finding a dozen women to suddenly accuse him of sexually assaulting them.

Posted - October 17, 2016

Responses

sexual assault = a pass

October 17, 2016 7:50 PM MDT

I know.  Just ask Juanita Broaddrick, Jennifer Flowers, Kathline Willey...
      October 17, 2016 9:20 PM MDT

It goes lower each day because that's the caliber of the candidates.  This is ONE time/situation where the sentiments of the dumba$$ masses aren't to blame.
      October 17, 2016 9:22 PM MDT

Policy never were a topic for Trump. Not in the primaries, and not in the current campaign. His campaign has been a few headings to feed the inner beast in people combined with personal attacks against his opponents and lots of, most positively said not truthful claims. His opponents have been bewildered how to fight someone simply ignoring the difference between truth and lies, and the level has been finding a new low each day. It takes at least two to make the debate contain real political issues.
      October 17, 2016 11:47 PM MDT

Wait...Hillary is supposed to represent the truth in this narrative?  :-)
      October 18, 2016 2:19 AM MDT

Again, you're not reading what I write. Where did I state such thing?
      October 18, 2016 2:27 AM MDT

I didn't say you had.  That's why I asked for clarification.  I'll now assume you don't think either candidate represents (much less tells) the truth.  On that we're in agreement. :-)
      October 18, 2016 2:31 AM MDT

No candidate will ever represent the full truth, not even Sanders did. Some of them however, do have a political program with actual plans which Trump for sure doesn't have at all. It is in his interest keeping the campaigns at these low levels. If it's the right thing to try beat him on his own home field? I'm not sure. But, the other GOP candidates lost on ignoring his tactics first. That mistake hasn't been done by Hillary. Is it enough to win? Time will tell.
      October 18, 2016 2:41 AM MDT

I, too, would have much preferred Sanders, and he and I are at opposite ends of the philosophical spectrum.

I don't loathe Trump enough to vote for Hillary, though.  I'd rather not play.
      October 18, 2016 2:46 AM MDT

Each has to follow their better choice. Trump isn't a choice for me to make in possession of my full powers. Then again, I think a lot of the spin created around Hillary has been systematically on for more than over a decade to have her appear like she does among a lot of Americans. I guess this will be something we won't agree on. 
      October 18, 2016 3:01 AM MDT

...And even if we did agree I wouldn't tell you.  You need an alter.  I can tell. :-)
      October 18, 2016 1:27 PM MDT

Couldn't agree more. Every day the media should be comparing Trump's and Hillary's policies. Compare, debate taxes, healthcare, immigration, foreign policy, ect. 
      October 18, 2016 5:34 AM MDT