Active Now

Spunky
Discussion » Questions » Communication » When you see the word "SCREW" do you always think of sex? What in the he** is wrong with you? Ever look the word up? Why don't you?

When you see the word "SCREW" do you always think of sex? What in the he** is wrong with you? Ever look the word up? Why don't you?

In my Webster's unabridged dictionary under "SCREW" there are many definitions. When I asked a question asking if you would SCREW a relative to gain an advantage  I meant definition number 24 which is as follow..."SCREW..to cheat or take advantage of someone". Why anyone would ASSUME otherwise says a lot about them. It has nothing to do with me. It would be nice if people would

ASK what I mean if they can't figure it out before ASSUMING the worst. Really folks.

Posted - October 24, 2016

Responses

((hugs)) Thanks my friend. I am so absolutely FURIOUS that people ASSUME things that are not true without even having the courtesy to ask me! I am  FURIOUS AS HE**. Thank you for understanding my furiousity Winged Wonder. You  can see how others don't . Yuck! UGH! Yikes.
    A pox on their houses! Bless you! Happy Tuesday to thee WW! :) You are  some special person! Please stay around. Don't leave. There are so few of your  kind here! I appreciate every single one! 
      October 25, 2016 10:42 AM MDT

Thank you. I guess what we have here is a mutual admiration society. Reciprocity! One of my VERY favorite words!  I always prefer a two-way street rather than a one-way street. I suspect you do as well WW! :)
      October 26, 2016 4:35 AM MDT

I think you are in your own head way too much.   You are worried about how people take the world screw?    I don't think about that word at all.  That lame word is so OLD and  hardly is worth mentioning in a sex context.    Anyone who titters and giggles at sexual innuendo needs to have their emotional body retooled.  Or, graduate from 8th grade.
      October 24, 2016 11:36 AM MDT

Re: "Anyone who titters and giggles at sexual innuendo needs to have their emotional body retooled.  Or, graduate from 8th grade. "

Hey, I resemble...er, resent...yeah, resent that remark!....;-D....

October 25, 2016 10:55 AM MDT

I was going to make a comment about "titters" but I figured I'd said too much already.  

No wonder this woman thinks I'm obnoxious.  LOL
      October 25, 2016 11:56 AM MDT

Before I submit a post, I read it over to make sure that it can be understood and if I think that there are things that could be taken more than one way, I change it. You might want to try that. 

October 24, 2016 4:24 PM MDT

Not my cuppa tea. That would make me a phony. I ask the questions I wish to ask using the words I wish to use. I don't pretzelize myself to accommodate those who don't have a clue what I mean.  It is what it is. People either get me or they don't. Of course I much  prefer the ones who do. Thank you for the advice. I have been similarly advised by many others of the exact same thing for many years. Thank you for your reply JS and Happy Tuesday. This post was edited by RosieG at October 25, 2016 10:57 AM MDT
      October 25, 2016 10:49 AM MDT

Whether you meant to or not, you have once again managed to insult me. I will continue to use the best communication skills I have whether or not you think it's 'phony'. I consider it polite.
      October 25, 2016 11:27 AM MDT

I know I get on your nerves, Rosie, but I think you are hilarious and I hope you keep writing just as you do for many a year to come. 

October 25, 2016 11:56 AM MDT

How I determine the meaning of any word with multiple meanings. By the context it is used. 
      October 26, 2016 5:26 AM MDT

• People usually say "I've been screwed" when they have been "cheated". When you "screw" someone, that usually means "sexual relations". I don't know of anyone that says "I'm going to screw that person" and mean "I'm going to cheat that person". At this point "screw" is a replacement for the "f word". Except when actually talking about hardware and tools.

Maybe learning about the world would help avoid this issue.
      October 26, 2016 5:39 AM MDT

A direct quote from Rosie: ' I ask the questions I wish to ask using the words I wish to use. I don't pretzelize myself to accommodate those who don't have a clue what I mean.  It is what it is. People either get me or they don't'.  

According to her, it is not her fault  when someone assumes one legitimate meaning over another, based on common usage. She has many such rules that we need to follow in order to avoid antagonizing her.
      October 26, 2016 6:40 AM MDT

• Yes. We must be better Netizens...
      October 26, 2016 9:05 AM MDT

I picture her in this Ivory Tower typing away with no one to argue with her in her own little world.  What the hell does pretzelize mean anyway?   Is that dirty? This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at October 30, 2016 6:30 AM MDT
      October 26, 2016 9:49 AM MDT

Rosie, just PM me if you want to know so bad. No need to embarrass yourself further in front of everyone.
      October 26, 2016 9:20 AM MDT

(so badly)
      October 30, 2016 6:30 AM MDT