Active Now

my2cents
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » After 20 years of fighting in Afghanistan how did America benefit? Did all participants lose? Is that the usual result of LENGTHY WARS?

After 20 years of fighting in Afghanistan how did America benefit? Did all participants lose? Is that the usual result of LENGTHY WARS?

Posted - May 27, 2021

Responses

We accomplished nothing in Afghanistan and should have gotten out a long time ago.  For one thing, Afghanistan had nothing to do with 9/11.  I have every reason to think that if the Taliban attacked us, we could wipe them out.  We spend trillions of dollars for nothing.  They aren't worth one American life.  The only winners were the military/industrial complex and, unlike Vietnam, the only reason the American public was not up in arms for us to get out is because we have a volunteer military - no draftees being killed.
      May 27, 2021 8:22 AM MDT

Wasn't it mostly SAUDIS who attacked us L? So sad after all these years some folks are balking at leaving. Once in a war are we there forever? I'm gonna ask. Thank you for your reply L! :)
      May 27, 2021 8:31 AM MDT

Yes, I believe that 19 of the 21 terrorists were Saudis.  There comes a point where you have to take a look at the entirely of the action and determine whether it's worthwhile to continue.  In my personal opinion, not only should we not have been there in the first place, we should have been out of there long ago.
      May 27, 2021 8:44 AM MDT

Why didn't we ATTACK THE SAUDIS? Because Bush was in bed with them right? JUST LIKE TRUMP! Disgusting. Thank you for your reply L! :)
      May 28, 2021 4:01 AM MDT

Correct.  
      May 28, 2021 6:51 AM MDT

:):):)
      May 28, 2021 6:52 AM MDT

The song says:
    WAR!
    Huu-aaah!  Good Gawd Ya'll!
    What is it good for?

Absolutely nothing!  Say that again!

There's your answer.

May 28, 2021 6:56 AM MDT