Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Some prefer flying under the radar to escape notice. Others insist on being the center of attention or they get very angry. Why?

Some prefer flying under the radar to escape notice. Others insist on being the center of attention or they get very angry. Why?

Is constantly DEMANDING being the center of attention the result of a huge ego or a complete lack of self-confidence/self-worth?

Posted - August 4, 2021

Responses

I'd probably take a kinder view, I'd wonder if they had had some difficulty in their past where they felt unloved, unappreciated and where they placed their own value according to praise and acceptance from others. 

Me, however, I prefer not to be noticed, I like to be in the background. The one difference between me and most of us backgrounders is that I will stand up and be counted, and will speak out if it's necessary and no one else is willing to do it
      August 4, 2021 1:49 PM MDT

Long time no see Addb! How are you doing m'dear? FINE I hope. Your second paragraph describes me to a T. I'd not want to be the STAR in front of the camera. EVER. Your first paragraph doesn't describe me. How people present themselves can be endearing or offputting. The needy greedy seedy pompous braggart is not my cuppa tea. I don't care what kind of life he/she led. That is no excuse to be obnoxious denigrating or condescending. See? That's the extent of my kind of kind. The people who deserve our sympathy are rarely the ones who seek it demand it insist upon it. In my experience which is all I've got to offer. Thank you for your reply and Happy Wednesday to thee and thine. Howya doing COVID wise?.
      August 4, 2021 1:55 PM MDT

Sometimes, yes.  Also, some people are introverts and others extroverts.  Some extroverts draw (not sap) energy from other people.  While some introverts find other people drain their energy.  
      August 4, 2021 4:32 PM MDT