Active Now

my2cents
Randy D
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » What kinds of people do you most enjoy engaging with timewise in terms of personality, character traits, interests and temperament?,

What kinds of people do you most enjoy engaging with timewise in terms of personality, character traits, interests and temperament?,

Do you prefer chatting with folks most like you or most unlike you?

Posted - August 4, 2021

Responses

These days Rosie, I am happy to talk to anyone who will listen :P  Actually, I have never been that fussy, I will talk to everyone and anyone.. Sure there are some I get a lot less pleasure from speaking to.. 
      August 4, 2021 1:45 PM MDT

Hahahahaha! Too funnee hunnee. I'm sure anyone to whom and with whom you speak is very happy to listen. I won't talk to anyone and everyone. I'm just too impatient to put up with rude people who are here to fight or whatever they wish to call it. So I avoid them. Track records is how. I don't have time to waste in battle. I do think some folks are energized by it. Not me. It enervates me. I don't spend time with people I don't like. What's the point of doing that? They don't like me too so we're even! Thank you for your reply Addb! :)
      August 4, 2021 2:05 PM MDT

• I enjoy talking with someone with a sense of humor, intelligence and open mind.  I've always had friends with all different backgrounds and viewpoints.  Life is so much more interesting that way.
      August 4, 2021 1:48 PM MDT

For me it has always been surrounding myself with people SMARTER than I am. I flourish in that kind of environment. I'm eager to learn and exchange ideas and surrounding myself with less than I am makes no sense to me. I like being made to think about what I say. I like finding out things I never knew. I like being with people who are not imperious or condescending. I like being with people who never make me feel stupid. That's it sweetie. I've always been like that since I can remember. Of course it's selfish but I'm the sponge that is always dry and wants to be filled up. Maybe the analogy leaves something to be desired but you get the gist of it. What I seek is knowledge and expanding my understanding of the universe. I can't do it alone. I need feedback. Sorry for the lengthy reply! Thank you for your response B! :)
      August 4, 2021 2:01 PM MDT

• You are always thinking and learning Rosie. That's why you stay so young ... 
      August 4, 2021 2:43 PM MDT

What a very sweet thing to say to me my friend! Really kind. I seldom feel my age B and maybe you've nailed it. Maybe it's that insatiable curiosity that keeps driving me forward.  Sometimes it annoys me very bigly. My brain just won't shutup! But it's the only way I know how to be and I'm grateful for so many things. I've been so very lucky. Thank you for your reply and Happy Thursday to thee and thine! :)
      August 5, 2021 1:27 AM MDT

Other hillbillies like me. Those who don't care much about politics, just being free and left alone to live our lives the way we want to, not the way they think we should. Where your background doesn't matter, your race doesn't matter, your occupation doesn't matter, your level of education doesn't matter, your religion doesn't matter, those who don't riot, loot, and burn, but those who will stand up to tyranny and fight for freedom and their right to live a free life. 
      August 4, 2021 1:56 PM MDT

August 4, 2021 4:05 PM MDT

See the source image
      August 5, 2021 1:02 AM MDT

Thank you for your reply Wolfhound. Here's the fly in that ointment. WHAT IF your wanting to be free and left alone to live your life the way you want to live impinges on others adversely? You list the things that don't matter and then you say you will stand up to tyranny and for freedom and your right to live a free life. What if in that you and others like are affecting many others whose views do not agree with yours?

What is tyranny? Being told to do what you don't want to do? What if others think it's proper appropriate and makes sense? If everyone believed as you do there would be no problem would there? But your view of tyranny might well be my view of sanity logical reason and the good. See the problem? Thank you for your thoughtful detailed reply which I appreciate. But I don't agree with it. Freedom to you means you can trample on my rights and I cannot agree with that. Why would you think I would?
      August 5, 2021 1:33 AM MDT

The only problem I see is trying to use logic to reason with a liberal. It usually doesn't work, so I will answer no more of your questions. 
      August 5, 2021 7:51 PM MDT

Wow. Okay. Deal.
      August 6, 2021 2:36 AM MDT