Active Now

Danilo_G
Discussion » Questions » Politics » John Podesta's friend at the DOJ assures democrats in congress the email investigation will done "expeditiously". Does that worry anyone?

John Podesta's friend at the DOJ assures democrats in congress the email investigation will done "expeditiously". Does that worry anyone?

Peter Kadzik sent this letter and he is a long time friend of John Podesta and even worked as a lawyer for podesta with podesta saying he "kept me out of jail" when podesta was recommending him for a job in Obama justice department.  Kadzik's son wanted to work on the clinton campaign.

This person is the senior at the department of justice that is assuring that they will dedicate resources to make sure the clinton email investigation is done expeditiously as possible.

Are they not making this far too obvious that the investigation will be compromised?

Can anyone on either side of this believe that this is ok?

Posted - November 2, 2016

Responses

Peter Kadzik should have recused himself due to 'conflict of interest.' Not only has he worked with Podesta, he attempted to get his son a paying job with the Hillary campaign through Podesta, as you stated. 

This 'appointment' by Lynch shows just how political the DOJ has gotten and they aren't even trying to hide it now. I honestly believe that this will continue if Clinton is elected.
      November 2, 2016 7:59 AM MDT

Hello IT:

IF they found stuff in previous emails, then I'd be interested in these.  But, they didn't, so I'm not..

excon
      November 2, 2016 8:31 AM MDT

She did not have the luxury of deleted 33,000 of these new ones before they could look.
      November 2, 2016 9:16 AM MDT

Hello again, IT:

True..  But, that doesn't make her guilty of anything..  It just makes her cagey and sleazy.  Look.  You know I don't like her..  But, after 30 years of trying, Republicans haven't laid a glove on her.  That's proof enough, FOR ME, that there's NO there, there..

Now, SOME say that's because the entire justice system is in Clinton's pocket.  That's, of course, ludicrous on its face..  But, even IF it were so, there are 50 states and some are totally run by Republicans..  Certainly, IF she's as corrupt as the right wing SAYS she is, doncha think that after 30 years of trying, at least ONE of those right wing states attorney's general would have found at least ONE law she broke??

But NOTHING...  Doesn't that MEAN anything to you??

excon
      November 2, 2016 9:53 AM MDT

Is corruption always illegal? We know that donations to the democrat campaigns have reliably turned into jobs but this seems not illegal?  I will admit that I do not know the laws but I do know the difference between right and wrong.

The question here is if a friend of hillary's campaign chair who is a friend who has actually sent a "heads up" in the past to this chair over developments in the state department email investigation can be considered impartial in any way to this new investigation? I think it is incredibly obvious that he cannot and he should not be involved.  Certainly he should not be first name we see from the DOJ attached to this investigation with the promise that it will be done "expeditiously". It seems to me insane that this is happening. What kind of investigation is friend investigating friend assuring everyone it will be over quickly?
      November 2, 2016 12:39 PM MDT