Discussion » Questions » Education » If you hadn't gone to school or gotten any kind of education, what do you think you might be doing at this present time?

If you hadn't gone to school or gotten any kind of education, what do you think you might be doing at this present time?

I think I would be making things to sell.

Sometimes a person can do well making a good life for themselves without having an education.

Posted - March 8, 2022

Responses

Probably growing and selling cannabis. Cheers!
      March 8, 2022 10:14 AM MST

I assume you mean any kind of schooling education.  Everyone gets "education" simply by living (the "school of hard knocks"... or if you're from a wealthy family the "school of soft taps"), as well as by observing others.

Even so, I'd probably be where I am right now.  I am very educated (graduated high school with straight A's, and possess 2 college degrees).  However, the career I had didn't require much education.
      March 8, 2022 10:19 AM MST

I would have joined the Navy...wait.
      March 8, 2022 10:37 AM MST

Good idea! ..lol
      March 8, 2022 1:51 PM MST

Somehow I doubt I would be enjoying retirement for so long.  I've been retired for almost 2/3 as long as I worked for the company.  I have worked some since I retired but I have always let it be projects that I believed in and wanted to take on....I've passed up, by far, most of the business that has come my way since retiring. 
      March 8, 2022 2:37 PM MST