Active Now

CosmicWunderkind
Shuhak
WelbyQuentin
Danilo_G
Discussion » Questions » Travel » Should I travel to Morocco ?

Should I travel to Morocco ?

I always been interested in the middle east, and theres a few places that seem nice but i watched a video on youtube of a guy in morocco, and all said it sound like the best place out there to go. 

Posted - March 12, 2022

Responses

I have been to Morocco,  but it's hard to know whether someone else would have a different experience or whether Morocco has changed a lot in the 20 years since I was there. I found it to be very different culturally from the US which is always interesting to me. The geography is also quite diverse, the Sahara Desert, the mountains and the beaches. The weather is very hot and dry, so be prepared for that. I also had to keep a lookout for thieves and pickpockets,  but didn't worry about violent crime. My personal experience was that many, but not all,  people were rude and unfriendly. Kids would photo bomb and then demand to be paid because you took their picture. Shops would turn down my business rather than make change. It's possible they just wanted to be paid in US dollars. Peddlers would follow us everywhere and were hard to get rid of. Communication was a problem, but because you speak French, you should find it much easier. So, there is good and not so good about traveling to Morocco, just like any country and only you can know what matters most to you.
      March 12, 2022 1:59 PM MST