Active Now

Element 99
Spunky
Discussion » Questions » Current Events and News » I am a holder of a security clearance. Had it for 50 years. NEVER revealed what I knew. Trump did.

I am a holder of a security clearance. Had it for 50 years. NEVER revealed what I knew. Trump did.

Hello:

I'm LIVID that Trump would treat classified material so cavalierly..  He's a TRAITOR, and should be SHOT!!!  No??

excon

Posted - June 27, 2023

Responses

At this point, I would satisfied if he were treated like any other person caught stealing classified documents.  However, if it turns out that he used any of this information for personal gain, (which is not improbable), then shooting is too good for him.
      June 27, 2023 11:10 AM MDT

I live in Canada and I am livid about it too. I am also a little bit scared because we don't know every secret  that Trump might of given to other countries or even terrorist groups in the US. I have mixed feelings about him being shot. If he did it out of stupidly - lock him up and maybe it will teach him a lesson. But if he did it out of greed or to give aid to the enemy shoot the MF - military style. Cheers! This post was edited by Nanoose at June 27, 2023 7:27 PM MDT
      June 27, 2023 11:15 AM MDT

If convicted of treason, put him in front of a firing squad and let's be done with this piece of trash.
      June 27, 2023 11:43 AM MDT

Do you think Trump would be brave and pass on the blindfold? Cheers!
      June 28, 2023 8:52 AM MDT

Not a chance.
      June 28, 2023 10:04 AM MDT

Awhile back Trump was saying (something along the line of) spies and  terrorists should be water boarded to find out what secrets they gave away or knew about. So maybe water boarding would be the fastest way to close the holes and repair any damage Trump caused by his mishandling classified material. Cheers!
      June 27, 2023 3:35 PM MDT

I'll second that!
      June 27, 2023 5:03 PM MDT

I'll third that!
      June 28, 2023 8:14 AM MDT

This tape may not even make it to court.  They DOJ does not have the supposed doctument the tape is talking about.   And without that doct the tape will not be admissible.  DoJ knows it too.  That is why they leaked it to CNN.  

Trump is a BSer (puffery) everything is biggest, best, hugest etc. So of course what ever he is talking about is super secret.... 

Also IF it is classified information the then DOJ just leaked it to CNN. (Classifaction is about the information not the paper is it on) 

This goes no where in a court....this is a process to try and get Trump to drop out...it will not work. This post was edited by my2cents at June 28, 2023 7:23 AM MDT
      June 27, 2023 7:15 PM MDT

You don't know what evidence the DOJ has to support the document. And I bet the tape will make it to court. Cheers! This post was edited by Nanoose at June 28, 2023 12:28 PM MDT
      June 28, 2023 8:30 AM MDT

They need the actual document.  Drafted by the military trying to get Trump to agree to attack Iran.    Part of the leaks are that the DOJ does not have that doct that they are claiming Trump was showing to people.  Without it is a non starter.   Again.
      June 28, 2023 2:28 PM MDT

The DOJ night have the actual document - they took over 300 secrete document from Trump when they raided his place. Cheers!
      June 28, 2023 3:57 PM MDT

For this tape to be admissible....they need the supposed doctument that was being spoken about on the tape.  If they do not have it then there is no proof he had to be showing the people on the tape.  
    Also if you listen to the tape at the beginning Trump says "hand those to me"....the person had the doct or news article etc that was being discussed....not Trump.
      June 28, 2023 5:41 PM MDT

I don't think the old "I ask someone to hand me the document so that means I never ever had it in my possession" excuse will stand up in court. Cheers!
      June 28, 2023 5:56 PM MDT

They do have to explain why the person had to give Trump the paper they were discussing.  If it was a gov doct how did they have it to give to Trump in the recording. Perhaps there is more to the recording that explains it.  

Trump says he was looking at newspaper articles claiming Trump was going to bomb Iran.  Then then he says he has docts that prove Milley and DOD wanted to go to war but he was refusing. 
      June 28, 2023 7:18 PM MDT

Or Trump has to explain why members of his staff and 2 reporters that were writing a book about him were in a room with him while he talked about and showed off secrete documents. Cheers!
      June 29, 2023 7:25 AM MDT

Staff and reporters...so while be was President.
    A President cannot Mishandle classified information.  He is in charge of the information.  The literally do not apply to the President.  

Biden can tell anyone he wants to about whatever he wants and it if legal because he is the President.  Those laws that give Biden this authority are not (d)ifferent, those same laws gave Trump that same authority while he was President. This post was edited by my2cents at June 29, 2023 5:10 PM MDT
      June 29, 2023 5:09 PM MDT

No it happened after he left the WH. Cheers!
      June 29, 2023 5:14 PM MDT

OK. So this the recording we are talking about.  Again if you listen to it.   He says "hand that to me"....he did not have the doct.  The thing in question is likely the article from the Ne Yorker claiming Trump was going to start a war. Trump is saying no it was Milley and DOJ who wanted the war and Trump who was refusing.  He does not say look at this it was Milley.  He said they gave me stacks of docts wanting to start a war in Iran.  
    This is not new or even  surprise....DOD tried to get wars with Syria, Iran, Urkaine, and others with Trump was in....this is why Bolton quit, Trump would not start a war. 
    Trump is the only President in 50+ yrs who has not started a new war. And the uniparty is mad about it.
      June 29, 2023 7:25 PM MDT

I hear you shipmate. I too have a high security clearance. I would be at fort Leavenworth if I did what he did.
      June 27, 2023 7:30 PM MDT

Hello Sailor:

My clearance was only for confidential material..   Still..  You either KEEP a secret, or you don't..  There's no in between..  

excon
      June 29, 2023 8:54 AM MDT

I didn't even tell anyone what my clearance was.
      June 29, 2023 11:21 AM MDT

Trump didn't just mishandle classified material he also lied about it. One of his lies was that he signed a standing order that would declassify documents as soon as they were removed from the Oval Office. Turns out he never did and it is likely there is no such thing as a standing order that would declassify documents as soon as they were removed from the Oval Office. There are procedures that have to be followed and those procedures are in place to protect America and it's allies. Another procedures of classified material is if you F with them you will wish you were never born and I think Trump is about to find that out. Cheers and happy weekend! 
      June 30, 2023 9:24 AM MDT