Active Now

Danilo_G
Discussion » Questions » Holidays » :) Can you help me on the Fourth? (Maybe with a Fifth?)

:) Can you help me on the Fourth? (Maybe with a Fifth?)

Some people in my neighborhood have decided it's time to start firing off their quasi-fireworks and soaring firecrackers/whatever.
My Startle Reaction jumps a bit, ha.  

Actually, lately, my cat purring is more exciting to me.

:)

Posted - July 4, 2023

Responses

I could give you a couple of the pills I have to give my little dog. She only needs 1/4 of one pill to get sufficiently stoned to stop shaking, panting and clawing at me.  

I've been hearing them for a couple of weeks. Last night was pretty bad. I'm not a fan. They're traumatic for many animals and humans. 

July 4, 2023 6:55 PM MDT

Wise decision, many dogs shake on the fourth from fear. 

July 4, 2023 8:25 PM MDT

Between the weather and the fireworks, it's been a rough couple of weeks! I'm thankful there is medication to help her. I cannot stand to watch suffering, especially animals and children. 
      July 5, 2023 4:45 PM MDT

All the noise scared my cats, one of them belly crawled into the house, po baby.  Froggie, a fat frog who hangs out on my porch hopped into the bushes.  It is 10:30 pm and everything is quiet except for the party and loud music down the street.  Finally...
      July 4, 2023 8:24 PM MDT

Is Froggie a toad or really just a frog who prefers not to hop?
      July 5, 2023 12:27 PM MDT

He might be a toad, he is cute, friendly and fat on both sides. I almost stepped on him one night, he was just outside my door.  Tried to scoot him to the side of the porch and he would just stay where I put him.  So cute. 

This post was edited by . at July 6, 2023 8:12 PM MDT
      July 5, 2023 6:10 PM MDT

He sounds pretty swell. Let's go, Froggie! (Stay away from French people, just in case!)
      July 5, 2023 6:36 PM MDT

What if Randy D did the same thing, showed up at your place just like Froggie did? You’d be just as welcoming, right?

~

July 5, 2023 10:21 PM MDT

If you showed up at my door the first thing I would do is...faint...lol, yes, you could hop right in, just leave the rest of you harem at home.   :  )

July 6, 2023 4:39 AM MDT

Nice place you have here!

Do you think you could regain consciousness anytime soon and whip up some sandwiches for me? (Some hostess, right, folks? If I wanted to be neglected, I can get snubbed like this in Minneapolis any day of the week! Grrrrrrr.)

~

July 6, 2023 6:29 AM MDT

For you, yes, I'll make you some samiches with a side of nice, juicy, cool watermelon, perfect for a hot summers day.  :  )

July 6, 2023 6:17 PM MDT

I hear you, Welby. Luckily, tonight they're going off nonstop all around me, so it's not startling,  just loud and annoying. They're pretty, but I've seen so many the last couple of days (I can see for miles in three directions from balcony), that I ve pretty much had my fill.

Edit: At 10pm, I  counted at least 11 displays,  5 or 6 close enough to hear This post was edited by Jane S at July 5, 2023 4:46 PM MDT
      July 4, 2023 8:37 PM MDT

“I can see for miles in three directions from balcony”

“At 10pm . . . at least 11 displays, 5 or 6 close enough to hear”

Good to know. VERY good to know.
       (Every tidbit of information is yet another piece in the puzzle. Cough, cough.)

~

July 4, 2023 9:45 PM MDT

I remember when fireworks would hang in the air for a time, now they disappear very quickly.  Just noticed that last night.  Didn't last in the sky long enough to get a good look, sigh, I hope this isn't considered progress.
      July 5, 2023 3:54 AM MDT

We went out and watched fireworks. 

Strangely, my small dog is not bothered by them. He basically slept through most of of them, while laying in my lap. He did watch a few even. 
      July 6, 2023 6:20 AM MDT