Active Now

Danilo_G
Randy D
Discussion » Questions » Current Events and News » Hard to tell the indictments without a scorecard, so are you up for a little recap?

Hard to tell the indictments without a scorecard, so are you up for a little recap?

https://mail.yahoo.com/b/folders/1/messages/AAeKU1sUiHbDZMoraQP3oEbbYRU?folderType=INBOX&accountIds=1&offset=0&unblockNow=false

• Here are all the criminal charges faced by Trump — who is the first former president to be indicted on criminal charges ... the first former president to be indicted twice ... and the first former president to be indicted three times.

Manhattan district attorney's hush-money case:

Justice Department's classified-files case in Miami (37 felony counts):

• 31 counts under the Espionage Act of "willful retention" of classified records.
  • Conspiracy to obstruct justice.
  • Withholding a document or record.
  • Corruptly concealing a document or record.
  • Concealing a document in a federal investigation.
  • Scheme to conceal.
  • False statements and representations.

New documents charges added in the revised indictment last week, bringing that case to 40 counts:

1. Attempting to "alter, destroy, mutilate, or conceal evidence."
  2. Inducing someone else to do so.
  3. A count under the Espionage Act relating to a classified document he allegedly showed visitors at his club in Bedminster, N.J.

Yesterday's federal charges, stemming from the Jan. 6 attack on the Capitol:

1. Conspiracy to defraud the United States.
  2. Conspiracy to obstruct an official proceeding.
  3. Obstruction of, and attempt to obstruct, an official proceeding.
  4. Conspiracy against rights — "the right to vote and to have one's vote counted," a civil-rights law once used to prosecute KKK violence.

If these aren't all the good reasons to vote for Trump if he's the GOP nominee, I don't know what is and if he's elected, we can kiss the USA goodbye.

Posted - August 2, 2023

Responses

Oh yeah what about Hunters laptop?

Trump is going to be charged tomorrow so I am sure he will be spending today spreading lies that will put people in danger, begging for money for his legal bills and trying to get people to fight like hell to defend him and show up at the courthouse. Cheers! This post was edited by Nanoose at August 2, 2023 8:36 PM MDT
      August 2, 2023 8:46 AM MDT

Hunter told me his father had nothing to do with his business and I believe him.  As for Trump, he's treating these indictments like badges of honor.  How this piece of trash was ever elected to the highest office in the land is absolutely beyond me.
      August 2, 2023 10:52 AM MDT

Thought I would add that Donald J Trump spent his adult life using and abusing the legal system. At one time the best lawyers and the best law firms lined up to defend him. But then they started finding out that Trump has a habit of not paying his legal bills. Or he is very difficult to represent because of his big mouth. Or because lawyers that work for him lose their law license or face criminal charges. Est. Est. Est. 

Because of those things I think it is getting harder and harder for Trump to find good lawyers and by the time this latest indictment gets to court  he will be scraping the bottom of the lawyer barrel to find someone to represent him in the biggest and most serious case of his life. Cheers! This post was edited by Nanoose at August 2, 2023 8:37 PM MDT
      August 2, 2023 10:58 AM MDT

He has done nothing illegal. 

I will be voting for him both in Feb and in Nov. 
      August 2, 2023 4:51 PM MDT

This is a bit off topic but I thought I would add that I think Trump showed his true self in court today. 

Special counsel Jack Smith was seated in the front row about 10 feet away from Trump. Trump has labeled Smith as a deranged prosecutor and a few other names. Smith was in Trump's sightline but Trump appeared to avoid looking at him. Trump sure can talk trash behind peoples back but that changes  when he is near them. Cheers!
      August 3, 2023 4:34 PM MDT