Discussion » Questions » Current Events and News » Robert Kennedy Jr likely to announce his Independent run for President soon. Who will be harmed and who will it help?

Robert Kennedy Jr likely to announce his Independent run for President soon. Who will be harmed and who will it help?

Posted - October 2, 2023

Responses

Hello my:

I think it'll help Biden..  Surly, no democrat is gonna vote for that nut bag Kennedy..  The only people bonkers enough to support him already support Trump. 

excon This post was edited by excon at October 3, 2023 7:11 AM MDT
      October 2, 2023 11:35 AM MDT

Question is where will the people that supported Bernie but then voted for Trump go?  And the people who just voted for Biden cause of hatred for Trump?  

People who are still with Trump now, are not changing. And other than the vaccine stuff RFKJ is a Dem through and through.  He just does not trust vaccines because he is a vaccine injured person. (Not the clot shot but a different one) A vaccine injury  is the reason his voice sounds like it does.  And I know before the clot shot the only people you heard talking about the dangers of vaccines tended to be Dems.   So we will just have to wait and see. 
      October 3, 2023 7:07 AM MDT

I think plenty of people have been wanting to see a viable (if that's the word) Independent candidate for a long time. If voting for Biden or for Trump only divides the country further, more moderate people might at least consider RFK. That's probably not too many people.

It also seems to me that too much is made of his comments on vaccines, as if to distract from his more important views - the ones that could actually have an impact. In other words, it's quite clear whom it would harm; whom it scares.
      October 2, 2023 5:10 PM MDT

Yes, it is hard to even find out any of his policy positions  aside from the vaccine stuff. That all that comes up when you try to search him.  
    I did finally fine some and he is definitely a Dem. 
      October 3, 2023 7:10 AM MDT

https://www.isidewith.com/candidates/robert-kennedy-jr-2/policies

His opinions seem to lean more left than right, but some of them would be deal-breakers for either side. 
      October 3, 2023 8:29 AM MDT

Isidewith.com places me right next to RFK Jr.

It looks like he’s going to be one of the horses I’ll pick in the next race.  My horses almost always lose.

Notice how two of them who are near the bottom of of my rankings are at the top of the polls for the next primary.  Ugh. 

This post was edited by Livvie at October 5, 2023 8:42 PM MDT
      October 3, 2023 8:19 PM MDT

That sums up perfectly the way I feel about it, but I’m one of those not too many people.  Also, IDGAF about his stance on vaccines.  It’s a non-issue to me.
      October 3, 2023 8:25 PM MDT

It's probably what I would be thinking too. But, much like Jane points out, and perhaps in life generally, I'm afraid it's difficult for anyone who doesn't try to tick all the boxes of just one side.
      October 4, 2023 7:09 PM MDT

To try to take votes away from Democrats. There are way too many pissed-off people for any of it to matter. Just wait and see. Gen Z will come through. They are 20% of the population!
      October 2, 2023 7:43 PM MDT

People are mad.  And perhaps that is why it will matter. 
      October 3, 2023 7:11 AM MDT

I think enough voters are smart enough to know that voting for a third party helps Trump. Even if they don't want Biden, they prefer him to the alternative. 
      October 3, 2023 8:32 AM MDT

It might help me by saving me a trip to the courthouse to register to vote as a Democrat in the next primary.  

Voting in my state’s presidential primary is sometimes a waste of time anyway because it’s the last one in the country.  In 2020, Trump was the only choice left on the Republican side and Biden was the only choice left on the Democratic side so my choice was to stay home.

The claim that RFK Jr.’s presidential bid hurts or helps another candidate makes some assumptions that might not be true.

October 3, 2023 8:05 PM MDT

True. He could just get votes from people who would have simply stayed home. 
      October 4, 2023 5:56 AM MDT