Active Now

Danilo_G
my2cents
Discussion » Questions » Current Events and News » Do you appreciate that Judge Engoron slapped a gag order on Trump?

Do you appreciate that Judge Engoron slapped a gag order on Trump?

Finally, a judge with cojones.  Now, if they would just hog tie and put a ball gag in Trump's mouth, that gag order might work.  

• Trump publicly attacked the judge's law clerk on Truth Social today.

"Personal attacks on members of my court staff are unacceptable, inappropriate and I won't tolerate it," Judge Arthur Engoron said.

• Trump's post has been deleted.

Posted - October 3, 2023

Responses

Bet that really stung Trump - being forced to delete something on his site. Cheers!
      October 3, 2023 4:04 PM MDT

Trump did not originate the post, he re-posted something one of his MAGA morons posted. So,  not only has the damage been done, Trump has signaled that he approves of what his followers do and they will keep doing it. The gag order is needed,  but it's of limited usefulness.
      October 3, 2023 7:21 PM MDT

I hadn't heard that he reposted it.  Still, only a vile person would repost it.
      October 3, 2023 10:14 PM MDT

Until I saw the original post below, I had forgotten that it was Trump who called her Schumer's girlfriend and added her instragram. How incredibly stupid and incredibly juvenile! You would think he would understand the consequences of defaming people on social media by now. This post was edited by Jane S at October 4, 2023 10:42 AM MDT
      October 4, 2023 6:50 AM MDT

He couldn't care less.  If he's not bad-mouthing someone, that's when we'll know he's dead.  I can't think of anyone I know who think's he's smart or acts like an adult.  
      October 4, 2023 7:41 AM MDT

It is a fair question.  This post was edited by my2cents at October 4, 2023 5:49 AM MDT
      October 4, 2023 5:47 AM MDT

You could ask Trump a similar fair question – why did you have your photo taking with the leader of the Proud Boys. And his answer would probably be – I get my photo taking with a lot of people – I don’t even know the guy (But I don’t believe that).

Chuck Schumer gets his photo taken with a lot of people too – but it doesn't mean their involved in a secret plot to hinder Trump’s election.

I wouldn't mind getting my photo with Schumer but for a hoot I would make the donkey ear sign behind his back. Cheers!

October 4, 2023 9:23 AM MDT

I remember way back when Carter was president. The press found photos of his wife with several unsavory characters.  No one tried to implicate her in their activities. Here she is with Jim Jones and with Joohn Wayne Gacy.
    This post was edited by Jane S at October 4, 2023 10:42 AM MDT
      October 4, 2023 9:58 AM MDT

Hey an opportunity to do a bit of bragging. One of my old grounds keeping customers used to rub elbows with the Carter family. Which probably means that I could rub elbows with the Carter family if I did a little name dropping. When I first met her husband we wondered if we were related because we shared the same last name. After a while we concluded that we probably were not related. Then the guy spotted a guy that had the skinniest and whitest legs in the world walking down the sidewalk. He stopped his car - rolled down his window and shouted – hey nice legs. And I said – hey that’s one of my jokes maybe we are related. Cheers!

This post was edited by Nanoose at October 4, 2023 11:05 AM MDT
      October 4, 2023 10:49 AM MDT

A better question is why do you think anything he does is OK even when it’s inappropriate?
      October 4, 2023 10:44 AM MDT

I did not say it was OK. Trump should have simply retruthed it and not added anything to it. 

It is a good question to ask, why is this judge's clerk with Schumer?   Someone has posted here that it was just a public event where he was taking pictures with any random person.  That is fine. But asking the question is also fine. 
      October 4, 2023 12:58 PM MDT

I just did a image search - It’s an old picture from some event where he got pictures with hundreds of guest. Cheers!
      October 4, 2023 9:27 AM MDT