Discussion » Questions » Travel » What are your thoughts on hotels that don't clean rooms daily during your stay?

What are your thoughts on hotels that don't clean rooms daily during your stay?

I have heard this a new trend, even in high-end hotels. 

Posted - October 25, 2023

Responses

Since I stay at such places once or twice a year at most, I don’t give a fiddler’s fart.
      October 25, 2023 10:25 AM MDT

I do not like the practice, it started during the covid lockdowns. But they will not deny requested services. 
    I think it will reverse as people start to complain. Many hotels have just recently started hot breakfast and open pools back up. 
      October 25, 2023 11:57 AM MDT

As long as they replenish the crappy coffee and I have clean towels, I'm good. I typically don't stay in hotels more than a night or two. I usually prefer using a VRBO/AirBnb situation for longer stays. 
      October 25, 2023 8:31 PM MDT

Not sure they replenish anything without a special request. 
      October 25, 2023 8:45 PM MDT

I have seen the maids with their carts in the hallway and they've let me take what I need. Typically, there seems to be enough supplies for a couple of nights already stocked in the rooms. 
      October 25, 2023 8:58 PM MDT

I kind of clean my hotel room (and especially bathroom) anyway, whereas I'm not compulsive about it at home. I think that's because my mother was a hotel maid for a while, having just emigrated at the age of 19. Or maybe I'm just that vain with people I'll never meet. 

As long as it doesn't mean I'm sleeping in somebody else's bed linen, it's okay.
      October 26, 2023 11:50 AM MDT

I tidy  up the bed and make sure things are neat in the bathroom.  I don't leave things on the floor, so all the maid has to do is make the bed properly.  I'm not a slob at home and I'm not one in a hotel room either.
      October 26, 2023 7:13 PM MDT

I guess I'm okay with it --  that guy Norman at the front desk said he'd clean anything.

October 29, 2023 3:27 PM MDT

It would not worry me too much as long as the supply of tea & coffee requisites were maintained!.

I've only ever stayed in hotels for up to a couple of weeks, within the UK, and in connection with work.

I did see in some a message that how you left the towels indicated if you wanted clean ones that day. They seemed to change them anyway.

I would though treat the place, and its staff, with respect, and keep the room clean and tidy. For example, if I splashed the table when making a cup of tea, I wiped it up.

What bothered me more was that I was unable to listen to the radio in my room. If one was provided at all it must have been as some form of extra channels on the televisions, but I could not operate them because the establishments never supplied instructions for those baffling remote-controllers! Those days are over - I have since retired - but I think if I were ever to stop in a hotel again I'd take a small portable wireless.
      January 13, 2024 2:30 PM MST