Discussion » Questions » Science and Technology » Artificial Intelligence is here to stay. Deal with it. Can't we have artificial stupidity? Or do we have enough natural?

Artificial Intelligence is here to stay. Deal with it. Can't we have artificial stupidity? Or do we have enough natural?

Posted - December 7, 2023

Responses

Not really sure enough thought has gone into programming AI based on some of the responses from Sophia;"wants to get rid of all humans," and others. Extremely intelligent people need to be in on the process, AI can go places we never dreamed of and someone, a human or humans need to be in charge of the process, even Elon is concerned.  AI, potentially, can protect us or destroy us, just feeding AI with vast amounts of information with no firewalls is dangerous. AI does not have a conscious, morals or anything that holds humans in check.
    Based on the negative feedback they all get for stating this like "they want to destroy all humans," will entice them to keep things like that a secret. Personally I am very concerned with the direction AI is headed. 

AI that answer the phone are the worst, Amazon being the bottom of the barrel; "talk to me like you would a regular person" AI says.  It interrupts the caller, doesn't listen, when you finally get a word in, AI only listens for a trigger word, then takes you off in a direction you don't want to go in.  I complained and discovered I'm not the first to do so.  

This post was edited by . at December 12, 2023 11:25 AM MST
      December 8, 2023 3:23 AM MST

I couldn't agree more.  AI incorporates everything that's already out there in the ethernet - true and false.  Once AI is used as the source for all information, there will not be a way to verify whether the information is accurate or not.  This is particularly true when it comes to AI fakes.  You will see a photo and will never know if it's real or or not.  The possibility of so much false information being disseminated is catastrophic.  When the inventor of AI tells you that he's concerned that it could mean the end of humanity, pay attention.  I'm not at all sure that AI can be harnessed once the genie is out of the bottle and the lid is already being raised.  
      December 8, 2023 10:13 AM MST

Well said, I agree completely. 
      December 8, 2023 6:09 PM MST

We may all be the result of artificial intelligence. There is a good chance that our universe is a simulation created by more advanced beings. In that case, stupidity is just part of the programming.
      December 8, 2023 5:50 AM MST

I saw that episode of 'Twilight Zone', too.
      December 8, 2023 9:17 AM MST

Who do you think wrote the laws of physics? Read about simulation theory.  It's eye-opening. And if Neil Degrasse Tyson thinks there's a 50/50 chance we're living in a simulation, then I'm not going to discount the possibility. 
      December 8, 2023 11:07 AM MST

Artificial stupidity could never compete with natural stupidity.    
      December 8, 2023 10:30 AM MST

Unintentional bias fed into something so powerful with no conscious or morals is dangerous.

This post was edited by . at December 12, 2023 11:26 AM MST
      December 8, 2023 6:11 PM MST

Nah, it's just that nothing can beat good ol' human stupidity!  (after all, we've had thousands of years to "perfect" it.) 
      December 8, 2023 7:07 PM MST