Active Now

Danilo_G
my2cents
Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Travel » Did you know that North Korea is allowing Russian tourists? Even the Russians aren't that stupid.

Did you know that North Korea is allowing Russian tourists? Even the Russians aren't that stupid.

Real crappy night life.

Posted - January 12

Responses

Haha, good point. 

Honestly, I'd be interested to see what the country is actually like. We don't even get to see much of its animals and nature! But when they do allow visitors, they're very strictly monitored.
      January 13, 2024 10:51 AM MST

I doubt they go for the night-life! Curiosity perhaps?

The scenery is supposed to be very attractive though.
      January 13, 2024 2:18 PM MST

Yeah...starving peasants everywhere.
      January 13, 2024 2:44 PM MST

Err, I didn't mean them, but yes, you have a point. One reason the authorities chaperone visitors so carefully, I suppose.

I once saw a photo of an informal group of N. Korean soldiers, possibly waiting for their transport somewhere. They seemed to be chatting and laughing among themselves quite normally, but they all looked stick-thin and malnourished.

That may have been in the same source that held a photograph of a dental surgery, probably in the capital. Oh, it was all bright and modern and clean and everything, but it did seem odd that there were at least two sets of chair, drill, water-fountain etc. in the same room!
      January 13, 2024 3:04 PM MST

January 13, 2024 6:17 PM MST