Active Now

Malizz
my2cents
Discussion » Questions » Books and Literature » Is the hippy book Bury My Heart At Wounded Knee a disturbingly backbiting statement about the spiritual decimation of European materialism?

Is the hippy book Bury My Heart At Wounded Knee a disturbingly backbiting statement about the spiritual decimation of European materialism?

Why don't we turn to killing ourselves after it because we know we don't think right?

Posted - February 6

Responses

Bury My Hear At Wounded Knee is not a "hippy" book.  It is the tragic tale of how badly we treated the Native Americans, the only REAL Americans.  
      February 7, 2024 8:27 AM MST

Hippie book? I'm sure Dee Brown would disagree with you on that. 
      February 10, 2024 4:13 AM MST

A little obscenely audacious in my ribald non gentle bluntly blurted unintelligence sometimes. Impudent. I took umbrage in the fact of gentle spirited hippies because all were older and I was born in 1960. I remember reading some of through the Looking Glass Darkly. Siddartha. I'm okay your Ok. The book BMHAWK..seemed heartbreaking at the time to whom and for what I don't know .I remember a thick black Lewis Carroll tome of three. I remember The Human Condition and tried to read..philosophy..Of Being And Nothingness. Not poetry at all. Philosophy and sociology. Future Shock I never finished either.
    This post was edited by CosmicWunderkind at February 10, 2024 4:44 AM MST
      February 10, 2024 4:32 AM MST