Active Now

Spunky
Discussion » Questions » Random Knowledge » Yes, it's violent and, but, why would you watch it if you don't advocate it?

Yes, it's violent and, but, why would you watch it if you don't advocate it?

Why would you watch that violent thing if you didn't want it to happen to you?
ChatGPT

People often watch violent things for various reasons, such as entertainment, curiosity, or to experience emotions in a controlled environment. Enjoying or being intrigued by violent content doesn't necessarily mean wanting those events to happen in real life. It's often about exploring different aspects of human nature or storytelling.

Posted - March 27

Responses

Makes me AGAIN (sorry, answerMuggers!) think of one of THE very best movies I've seen :

Director Michael Haneke's original 1997 "Funny Games"  (not Haneke's own American remake of the same movie with a different cast)

Haneke believes violence in film should not be entertaining and fun for an audience to experience.
    And his very polite, non-gory, very-disturbing-to-WelbyQuentin "Funny Games" is his masterpiece of a movie experience of 'violence.'

Wow! No in-your-face special effects or gore or action -- but what a movie!
    No movie experience for me has been like this one.

This post was edited by WelbyQuentin at May 29, 2024 2:26 PM MDT
      May 29, 2024 2:23 PM MDT