Active Now

Danilo_G
Discussion » Questions » Finance » Isn't it complete and utter b.s. that the cost of living in America has gone up so crimanally high?

Isn't it complete and utter b.s. that the cost of living in America has gone up so crimanally high?

Who is it? Dirty politicians of pure greed or the common man. Why!?

Posted - April 2

Responses

Its caused by the pure and utter greed!  Few people are satisfied with what they have (be it a little or a lot).  They always want more - and will do anything to get it (lie, cheat, steal, scheme).  Companies want more money so they jack up prices, and give consumers less product.  Banks charge high interest on loans, but pay a meager pittance of interest on people's savings.  CEOs and managers are given bonuses if they come up with ways to make customers part with more of their money.  The rich get richer and the poor pay for it (unable to pay for essentials like heat, food and water, many are even kicked out of their homes.  
      April 2, 2024 3:08 PM MDT

I don't want to sound countrite or whatever but this is heartrending.
      April 3, 2024 2:40 AM MDT

Policies of the government cause it. 
    Overspending 
    Overregulation
    Attacking oil companies 
    Never ending wars and new wars
    Higher taxes (income, real estate etc) 

All of these together raise the costs of everything.  
      April 2, 2024 7:51 PM MDT

I notice you put no blame on greedy corporations who are making billions of dollars in profits to the detriment of the purchasing public.
      April 3, 2024 10:05 AM MDT

We have a free market.  Companies are allowed to make money.  If they are too big, then the gov should break them up. And enforce anti trust laws.    This promotes the free market and allows the people to choose the best product for the best price.  When this happens businesses who are being greedy will have to compete with others who are giving a fair markup.  
      April 5, 2024 5:32 AM MDT

You want free markets and government out of businesses but only if they get too big.  You can't have it both ways.
      April 5, 2024 6:35 AM MDT

I want to go back to my simple Life and read Through The Looking Glass Darkly! Because, I have the hardest time with financial stuff and math because I am broodicated to explain psychology. What is another word for broodicated? Like that.

This post was edited by CosmicWunderkind at April 5, 2024 5:47 AM MDT
      April 5, 2024 5:44 AM MDT