Active Now

Danilo_G
Discussion » Questions » Random Knowledge » Do you relate to the trauma of anxiety I had compounded by substance abuse to get SSDI by age 33?

Do you relate to the trauma of anxiety I had compounded by substance abuse to get SSDI by age 33?

All of the below! And I got SSI again for anxiety at 52. What can I do? I guess I imploded a little madly 

Posted - April 20

Responses

Sorry to hear you deal with daily challenges like that.  Hope you have good support from family, friends or both.
      April 20, 2024 5:20 PM MDT

Just strange things. I'll go on. I went to a DRA meet in the 90s and a man there said you are definitely one of us. I drank full bottles of cough syrup in the late 80's at once. My sister was suicidal and so was my mom. My dad had a mean streak. Trauma happened to me at age 5. I was friends with control freaks where every thing was just too perfect and I got the shit end of the stick from both. My friend tried to tell me my family was like Angela's Ashes and suddenly got interested in destructive drug use during the crack epidemic in Lowell and I smoked crack 5 times. I smoke nonstop marijuana from age 11 and drank the same til 30 when I exploded. I was a hopeless homeless addict bum for 2 and a half years before SSDI. I was never going to get out of that Boston system. Ever. Thanks! Not that bad though. I used to takes whole bottles of brain booster pills to see what it would do to me but it sucked and I exploded it out the skin. I used plenty of cold capsules and my smart friend knew and said ahh what are you doing! I told my other smart friend I was smoking crack and he said do you want me to send the EMT down there? I got my stomach pump 3 times. I had religious delusions. This post was edited by CosmicWunderkind at April 20, 2024 5:43 PM MDT
      April 20, 2024 5:23 PM MDT

I hear ya and understand.
      April 20, 2024 5:24 PM MDT