Active Now

Discussion » Questions » Politics » Will this give Trump a bit of joy?

Will this give Trump a bit of joy?

Yesterday Congress voted to allow Biden to transfer Russian assets to Ukraine. And I think it will make Trump very very happy because he will know that the Ukrainian people will get a bit of much needed comfort and the Ukrainian military will grow a little stronger. Just kidding he is probably furious at Biden and the Speaker of the house for allowing the bill to pass. I think it is funny and cleaver that they will do it with the “Repo Act” Cheers!

Posted - April 21

Responses

trump is only happy when the focus is on him.  If he had done it, he would be crowing.  However, if anyone else does it he will complain.   trump is a shallow, self-centered bully.
      April 21, 2024 9:18 AM MDT

I bet by the end of the day Trump will be ranting about what a horrible Bill it is. Cheers!

April 21, 2024 9:54 AM MDT

And those are his good traits!
      April 21, 2024 10:49 AM MDT

Trump will be glad that he didn't have to do it. It's an issue he isn't man enough to deal with.
      April 21, 2024 9:31 AM MDT

I don’t think he would do it anyway because it would be bad for Russia. I’m hoping other Countries do the same and it forces Russia to withdraw it’s troops. Cheers!

April 21, 2024 9:55 AM MDT

Yes, he's not going to cross his buddy, Vlad. But not doing it will cost him some points with the Republicans who understand the danger of letting Russia start annexing other countries. 
      April 21, 2024 10:17 AM MDT

To think Trump’s view of Ukraine probably stemmed from sour grapes over the Ukrainian leader not agreeing to dig up dirt on Hunter Biden – blows my mind. But I am starting to think that the war in the Ukraine will be over in the next 6 months or so. And in part it will be thanks to Biden and that will rot Trump’s socks. Cheers!

This post was edited by Nanoose at April 22, 2024 6:59 AM MDT
      April 21, 2024 12:50 PM MDT

I don't know Trump's position on this.

I know I am tired of my money going to Ukraine Nazis.  The left is pushing for more and more wars. Just remember who they started under. 
      April 22, 2024 6:38 AM MDT

The left is pushing for wars?  I'm guessing you've forgotten about Baby Bush starting wars in Iraq and Afghanistan.  
      April 22, 2024 8:30 AM MDT

Bush was crap. Globalist warmonger.  

Biden has been pushing for wars since he got in.  And he has got them. 
      April 22, 2024 10:54 AM MDT

Correct me if I'm wrong,  but weren't notorious hawks Pompeo and Bolton appointed by His Royal Orangeness? Both advocated for pre-emptive nuclear strikes against Iran and North Korea.
      April 23, 2024 9:30 AM MDT

Yep and Bolton quit because Trump would not start a war with Iran.  Pompeo stayed but still could not get a new war going...poor guy. 

Fact is Trump is the only President since 1980 not to start any wars.  
      April 23, 2024 4:25 PM MDT

Biden started a war? Russia invaded Ukraine and Joe was VERY reluctant to commit any US armament (and still no boots on the ground). NATO member Poland did so unilaterally, thus requiring US involvement to re-equip Poland, and as more NATO nations got involved (still with arms alone, no troops), the US slowly and belatedly also became a passive belligerent. Weapons, no personnel. And Trump wasn't backward in arming the Saudis to bully Yemen.
      April 25, 2024 1:11 AM MDT

Oh, yes.  We started it.  Pushing for Ukraine to join the NATO.   We have been pushing expand NATO for a while now. Know exactly what that will cause.
      April 27, 2024 9:52 AM MDT

I think I know what will happen if Ukraine joins NATO – peace.

Russia would not of invaded Ukraine if Ukraine was part of NATO. And Russia will have to get out of Ukraine when Ukraine joins NATO. Cheers and happy weekend!

April 27, 2024 10:51 AM MDT

Nope.  WWIII....just remember Biden caused it. 

April 27, 2024 2:19 PM MDT

That has been happening since GHWB. Bush Sr approached Ukraine about joining NATO pretty much as soon as it declared independence. They refused at the time.
    Russia's invasion of Ukraine actually caused Finland and Sweden to ask for admittance - Sweden in particular had been staunchly neutral for over 100 years, but Vlad's belligerence scared them. The USA had absolutely nothing to do with this war. It's all Russia.
      April 28, 2024 12:30 AM MDT