Active Now

Danilo_G
my2cents
Discussion » Questions » Politics » Any schmuck can post fake news on Facebook, and nobody is expected to believe it.

Any schmuck can post fake news on Facebook, and nobody is expected to believe it.

Hello:

But, if you're a STATE OFFICIAL, should you post FAKE NEWS on Facebook??  Apparently THIS state official, thinks it's just FINE and DANDY..

excon

PS>  https://www.texastribune.org/2016/12/07/texas-ag-chief-sid-miller-social-media-habits-im-n/

Posted - December 9, 2016

Responses

Any "OFFICIAL" is responsible for any words made public.

I am in school.  We are told at the get-go NOT to post anything untoward that other people can trace.  It is my career after all.  Words spread like wildfire on the net.  Any official that thinks it is cute to act the imbecile is making a statement of being untrustworthy and just stupid.  He is announcing this to anyone who can use it against him.  He is someone who cannot plan ahead of time and consider the consequences.  That sounds like someone who was recently elected to the highest office in the country.   It is darned scary.

This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at December 9, 2016 1:04 PM MST
      December 9, 2016 9:56 AM MST

• Hmm someone who deliberately posts *news* stories that he knows may be or are untrue is someone you cannot trust. He has no compunction whatsoever.. Hmmm lol maybe you lovely Americans might like to borrow one of our laws after all... if someone posts something about someone that is untrue they can be sued for libel. If this guy were to be sued a few times that might teach him some morals?

The one about Hilary being favoured or supported by communists is hilarious... look at the evidence... it's very clear who the Russians are friends with - a man they think is so stupid he will be there puppet..

As for not being politically correct... ahh that buzz word... he doesn't have to worry about being politically correct.. he should try concentrating on being CORRECT first

Horrible little excuse for a man

And Fox news lies??? really? I have no experience of Fox news but if a NEWS channel does report things that are no true it's no wonder people are often confused about truth and lies :(
      December 9, 2016 10:02 AM MST

• While I don't think Hillary is or was a communist.   Saying Trump was supported by communist because Russia favored him doesn't compute.
    Russia isn't a communist ideal country anymore.  It's not the USSR.

It's also worth mentioning Russia's concern over the matter may have very likely been due to Hillary's plans that were going to pull Russia into a war with us.  As expressed by every single military strategist.   That has to be considered.
      December 9, 2016 3:55 PM MST

• It's a lovely circular argument he's got isn't it?  Present 'news' to angry cretins, see if they fall for it and then use their support to bankroll another (no doubt profitable) stay in officialdom.

If they support your news posts with clicks that's evidence enough for their veracity, because what people believe is at least as important as what they know.

I call bullshit.  Monumental, steaming piles of it.

I'm flabbergasted that so many seem to be ignorant of the use to which they are being put, but there's never been a lack of stupid in the world.
      December 9, 2016 10:16 AM MST

I listened to an NPR report where they interviewed a couple of the prominent "fake news" creators. The curious thing is at least one of them TRIED to play both sides of the political aisle with his fake reporting, but found the political left was MUCH LESS gullible than the political right. So, being a good businessman who recognized where his customers were, the fake news creator focused his efforts almost entirely on right-wing paranoia stories (e.g. the "Pizzagate" story).

Given how the House Science Committe retweeted a complete bogus Breitbart article about climate change, it seems abandonment of the Reality-Based Community is endemic on the political right at all levels.

Of course, anyone who took Karl Rove at his word on the subject already knew that.
      December 9, 2016 10:58 AM MST

The mainstream news is getting things wrong every day. So what is fake news? I do not like this new label. Is the onion to be banned and the tabloids that say that every celebrity is gay and getting divorced? If this man posted something stupid then call him out for doing such and I am fine with that but this whole trend of saying we need to identify and censor the fake news is something that will not go to good places. It is up to each of us to decide if we believe what we have read and not up to someone else to decide what is real that we may be allowed to read.  A single piece of news from any source maybe correct or incorrect or so biased to be deceptive and that will never change.
      December 9, 2016 1:50 PM MST

• Let's be honest ... People, or many people, while professing to want to know the truth are too lazy to read multiple inputs to try and arrive at the truth ... Most just want their prejudices validated so they can feel good about themselves ... They're mushrooms ... Kept in the dark and feed on BS and that's what they want and like ... Thinking is too hard, I'll leave that for someone else to do  ... But whatever you do, don't impinge on my beliefs, I'm comfortable with them.
    People get the government they deserve ...
      December 9, 2016 3:52 PM MST

• The Commissioner fails to realize that when one holds a political office, they are then a news source as long as they hold it and have the same responsibilities as ethical journalist, arguably even more so.
      December 9, 2016 3:57 PM MST

• I might disagree ... Most vehemently in fact ... It's not a case of he doesn't realise ... From his own words... He doesn't care! If it helps him and his agenda hell say it and he's comfortable with that ... And by extension so are his supporters as i don't very much this is a habit he's just taken up ... Blame the people who allow it
      December 9, 2016 4:02 PM MST

• That suggest we have nothing to hold him accountable for then as he has no responsibility to tell the truth.

He clearly states " I am not a news source".  That's him failing to realize that his position makes him so.  While the supporters do share some of the blame for him having the platform.   His assumption is still false.
      December 9, 2016 4:07 PM MST

• Sorry Glis I disagree with your opening statement ... Just because he doesn't care if he's telling lies does Not mean that we shouldn't care ... His statement about not being a news source is purely to assuage any guilt he might feel and also a comfortable fall back position in case he gets called out on fake news ... He's having it both ways ... I'm not a news source but did you hear what  Obama plans to do?
    And I'm not attacking you Glis :) ... Just the whole effing rotting system
      December 9, 2016 4:18 PM MST

• I never said us Americans and the citizens of Texas shouldn't care.   I don't know how you extrapolated that as nothing I said even remotely suggests that.  Quite the contrary in fact.  I know you're not attacking me, though it does seem you're misunderstanding my comment to mean we are of an opposing view when really I think we are on the same page.

"His statement about not being a news source is purely to assuage any guilt he might feel and also a comfortable fall back position in case he gets called out on fake news"

Exactly, and that's a large part of my point.  Maybe switching the word realize with admit or publicly acknowledge is better suited to what I am expressing. This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at December 9, 2016 4:29 PM MST
      December 9, 2016 4:27 PM MST

• Hi Glis ... I didn't say they shouldn't care... What I said was they don't care ... How do I know this?... Because he is elected and as stated, I don't think this lying is a new thing, yet he still is voted in .. QED enough electors don't care that he lies.
    Hope this makes sense :)
      December 9, 2016 4:31 PM MST