Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Random Knowledge » What's a contradiction in your beliefs that you like having?

What's a contradiction in your beliefs that you like having?

Posted - May 13, 2017

Responses

• I don't believe in an after life or any religion. I do talk to one person who has passed,  often, like I have a ghost in my home. I know it's irrational but  It works for me , so I like it. 
      May 13, 2017 9:42 PM MDT

I think we can be multi-layered like that and still find our way in the world. what works isn't often what makes the most sense, or any sense, and that's okay because sometimes that little comfort we get is worth not making sense to anyone, even to ourselves. 

Thank you for sharing your answer. no alcohol is doing you good, or giving you more things to regret later, however you wanna look at it. :)

May 13, 2017 9:53 PM MDT

• I agree.  sometimes I find the most comfort in things that don't make Sense to me. So I can understand why people choose to turn to religion. I can't accept religion in my life cos it feels nonsensical for me. I do understand the need for it though. I miss wine ;)  that Jesus dude would want me to drink ;)
      May 13, 2017 10:04 PM MDT

True, for most people religion is a saving grace, the only one they can find. it's a safety blanket and we all need one. for me, it wasn't just the not making sense part that led me to leave it, but also the fact that it comes with too much baggage, baggage that most people who believe are used to, or just ignore for the sake of not losing their faith. I couldn't.
    and yeah, that Jesus dude was pretty rad.. when he wasn't sober.. :)

This post was edited by nobodylair.37 at May 13, 2017 10:55 PM MDT
      May 13, 2017 10:20 PM MDT

• I was never saddled with any religion as a child. I became very curious about religion from the age 12 to about 16. I studied many religions at my leisure cos I thought it would be comforting to believe in something. Then I decided I couldn't believe in anything that did not make sence to me. I still to this day envy people who can have faith  in things without fact. But yeah .. That Jesus dude sounds rad .. Water into wine??! I'm down with that.

May 13, 2017 10:49 PM MDT

that's a unique position to look into religion without any preconceived biases. that's why it's hard for people to look into it neutrally as adults, cause it's already formed into a part of their identity. 

there is a certain comfort to believing that something created you and made this whole Earth for you, it feeds our ego and help make us feel less alone at night. I loved the idea of a god who loved me, but then I believed he didn't and then I just let go of him completely, cause he stopped making sense to me, not that he did before, but I never had to think about it before. The role he filled is still empty, but I try to fill it with things that are real to me and can actually make me feel better.
      May 13, 2017 11:12 PM MDT