Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » "Trump is a chump because he doesn't know anything" per Tom Friedman. How could we elect a person who doesn't know ANYTHING?

"Trump is a chump because he doesn't know anything" per Tom Friedman. How could we elect a person who doesn't know ANYTHING?

Posted - November 4, 2017

Responses

We elected Obama.
      November 4, 2017 10:54 AM MDT

We didn't.  No rises to President without knowing anything.
      November 4, 2017 11:06 AM MDT

How can he not know ANYTHING? So you believe everything Tom Friedman says? 
      November 4, 2017 12:08 PM MDT

Who is Tom Friedman?  Obama's towel boy?
      November 4, 2017 1:26 PM MDT

• Thomas Friedman is the fake news New York Times chief foreign affairs correspondent who is a fascist wannabee. This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at June 22, 2018 9:26 AM MDT
      November 4, 2017 7:34 PM MDT

Doesn't matter who said it---it's true.

I assume those who voted for him (the minority fortunately---so I still have hope for the future) could relate immediately and comfortably with his lack of knowledge.

November 4, 2017 1:55 PM MDT

That must be part of the allure tom. The Donald John handpicked folks who know NOTHING about the departments they head...other than that they want to destroy them. So his head of  the EPA doesn't believe in climate change. His head of Education doesn't believe in public education...only private. She is a billionaire who always attended private schools. Isn't that swell as he**? The Donald John appointed Sam Clovis (who already sang to Mueller's Grand Jury) as Chief Scientist for the Interior Department and I  believe the confirmation hearing was to be held next week. Clovis withdrew his name. The Donald John wants to surround himself with ignorance because that is exactly what the people voted for. They didn't want no lousy education/experience/experts to get in the way of dismantling our system. You can see that The Donald John is coming through for his groupies. They saw what they wanted and got it. SIGH. Thank you for your reply! :)
      November 5, 2017 2:06 AM MST

WE, you and I didn't vote for him. :)  Happy Saturday. :)
      November 4, 2017 4:18 PM MDT

We are part of "we the people" Spunky. Thee and me. We are not part of that subset among us who thought The Donald John was the best choice. It won't matter in any case. If he does start a war because he can we will be blasted to smithereens I expect. I'd rather that than survive  and suffer. Thank you for your reply and Happy Sunday! :)
      November 5, 2017 2:01 AM MST

Ah, the editorial "We."  LOL ...
      November 5, 2017 10:11 AM MST

Yes. Apologies.
      November 5, 2017 10:17 AM MST

No apology necessary. :)
      November 5, 2017 10:18 AM MST

:):):)
      November 5, 2017 10:25 AM MST

• Subset? OK just hold that thought. Are you one of those who thinks win or lose we all get a trophy?
      November 5, 2017 5:02 PM MST

we cant, he has to know something if people elected him
      November 4, 2017 4:25 PM MDT

Don't include me in that "we".
    I didn't vote for that chump.
      November 4, 2017 5:49 PM MDT

It is a just a form of expression sweetie. I am not included in that "we" either as you well know. However enough of the "we the people" of which you and I ARE included did elect the guy. Enough of us (not thee and me) got together and decided he was the best choice. I hope we survive that grave error. I use the word "grave" purposely.  The Donald John could well be the catalyst that puts us all in our graves except that if we are blasted to smithereens by nuclear weapons there will be nothing left of us to bury. Thank you for your reply and Happy Sunday! :) This post was edited by RosieG at November 5, 2017 10:29 AM MST
      November 5, 2017 1:58 AM MST

It's really not a right or left thing is it.
    It's more of a common sense thing. And it's clear to see who has it and who does not.
    Happy Sunday Rosie.
      November 5, 2017 7:29 AM MST

•  "Trump is a chump because he doesn't know anything"? I'm not sure if you know about the man who made that quote but if you don't perhaps you should do a bit of research. The man is a fascist columnist for the fake news New York Times. 
      November 4, 2017 7:48 PM MDT

The left just needs to believe that. It's a coping mechanism.

When a left wing leader is popular and talented, the right has no problem admitting it. The right believe in objective reality so being popular and being correct are two different things. Being talented and being fit to lead are two different things. Someone can be popular, talented and elected by the will of the people and yet still be wrong or even a complete piece of sh*t. To the right, moral authority comes from God. Truth is truth whether people agree or not. Popularity is just about winning elections. Losing elections doesn't affect our confidence that we're right.

To the godless left, the moral authority of a leader comes from their social standing in society. Truth is whatever society decides it is. Popularity is therefore everything. The left have to kid themselves that they represent the people and that the people have contempt for what they're fighting. If they don't kid themselves of this, they feel they don't have the moral authority to continue the fight. This post was edited by Zeitgeist at November 5, 2017 3:36 AM MST
      November 5, 2017 2:18 AM MST