Active Now

Malizz
Thebigd
Spunky
Discussion » Questions » Entertainment » Do you excel at being free? Please tell me how someone can excel at being free.

Do you excel at being free? Please tell me how someone can excel at being free.

"In the twist of seperation
you excelled at being free
can't you find a little room inside for me"

Posted - May 15, 2018

Responses

You refuse to charge for any of your services.....:)D
      May 15, 2018 5:26 PM MDT

Without listening to the song, perhaps it's a reference to one person being very comfortable on their own in life, with no significant other -- "being free" - - and the other person sort of resents that this person has been so seemingly at ease in finding that freedom without the other person -- "find some room for me."

This post was edited by WelbyQuentin at May 16, 2018 5:40 PM MDT
      May 15, 2018 6:20 PM MDT

Very close! :)

Song is: "I Want You Back for Good". So it's about a former relationship. But how can one excel at being free? lol 
      May 16, 2018 5:42 PM MDT

I sometimes feel like I excel at nothing, ha!
    :)

I don't know --  I can see individuals from former relationships looking at their ex's and thinking, "Sh**! The seem so happy, care-free and successful on their own! Did I mean nothing to him/her? They're excelling at being on their own, being free from me!" 

I've been in a couple of situations in which I've felt that way a bit. Nothing pathological or anything, though.
      May 16, 2018 5:52 PM MDT

I understand what it means, of course I do, but I still don't way he selected the word "excelled". It doesn't sound too bad when singing it in a song, but can you imagine using that word in a spoken conversation? lol 

Let's try it. "Darling, I miss you! You are single, and you are excelling. 

Hehehe ;p 
      May 17, 2018 7:43 PM MDT

My aM alert system doesn't work right -- just now saw, by chance, your reply. Sorry I didn't acknowledge. (JustAsking suggested some things but they all sounded too complicated to me.)
    Anyway, somehow "excel" still sounds OK with me!
    Ha!
      June 4, 2018 11:47 AM MDT

When Robbie Williams left me . . . I felt that way.
    ;)

I forgot this song -- I've liked it always.
      May 16, 2018 5:56 PM MDT

There are a lot of thing you can learn using a spreadsheet. Why not 'being free'
      May 16, 2018 1:42 AM MDT

not that i know of, not sure what you mean by that
      May 16, 2018 3:00 PM MDT