Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Can you disagree and do so pleasantly? Do you remain low-key or do you rant rave attack insult? How does that work for ya?

Can you disagree and do so pleasantly? Do you remain low-key or do you rant rave attack insult? How does that work for ya?

Posted - June 9, 2018

Responses

I prefer to rant and rave and especially insult. It works great for me, because I do so very unpleasantly. 
      June 9, 2018 7:29 AM MDT

I always disagree respectfully.
      June 9, 2018 9:13 AM MDT

It can go either way 
      June 9, 2018 9:26 AM MDT

Hi Gypsy! What determines which way it goes usually? If the person with whom you disagree is polite do you remain the same? Do you give back what you get usually? I like to disagree pleasantly. That's how you learn about what you didn't know. Sometimes it's so good and makes so much sense you accept it. If you don't listen you can't hear. HOWEVER no one wants to be insulted or condescended to and when anyone does that I split/bail and avoid from then on. That's me. You too? Thank you for your reply and Happy Saturday! :)
      June 9, 2018 9:40 AM MDT

Hi Rosie! I try to be polite all of the time regardless of how I’m being spoken to. If someone is being rude or annoying me then I feel quite proud of myself if I manage to keep my cool and remain polite. That doesn’t always happen though. Sometimes I lose the plot and go mental. Happy Saturday to you too Rosie 
      June 9, 2018 9:53 AM MDT

You know Gypsy it is very easy to be polite. Anyone can do it. When folks choose not to be polite for whatever reason I don't put up with it. I'm gone. If I cannot maintain a certain decorum when talking to certain folks I just ignore them. Based on past experience with them I simply don't read what they post so I can't be aggravated by the nature of it. Past actions portend future actions. So it's easy peasy once you know what to expect from people. Once burned twice shy. Also I am notoriously impatient so I don't suffer silently. I don't make a big fuss. I just avoid ignore and that's how I endure! I don't let anyone get to me. I'm in total control not them. I don't play games. I don't set folks up. I don't look for battles. I just want to ask questions, chat with folks poliltely, exchange ideas and move on. As I said it isn't hard. I think being a troublemaker and insulting is what is hard. I like polite. I like respectful. I like calm, reasonable, sensible, logical. I usually get it and I try to give it. The minute rude comes in I leave. Why should I allow some dimwit nimnut to upset me? I don't. Thank you for your reply m'dear. Hope all goes well in your neck of the woods. Today I'm looking at 93 degrees in good old Hemet, California. Our summers get pretty hot so  93 isn't so bad! :)
      June 9, 2018 10:05 AM MDT

Thanks Rosie . Enjoy the good weather. It’s nice here today, quite warm. I don’t plan to go out this evening though. I’m making a shepherds pie
      June 9, 2018 10:15 AM MDT