Active Now

Slartibartfast
my2cents
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Excluding humans ever been traumatized by an animal? What kind, how, when, where?

Excluding humans ever been traumatized by an animal? What kind, how, when, where?

Posted - June 10, 2018

Responses

When I was about 12 I woke up and there was an earwig in my ear. It was horrible. It took my mum a long time to get it out and they have pincers
      June 10, 2018 3:31 AM MDT

Geez Gypsy I just got chills. How awful for you!  When I was about 3 we were visiting my parents' friends who had a bird that was caged but a bird they would let out to fly freely in the house. I think it was a canary. It landed on my head and started kneading my scalp with its claws and I remember SCREAMING! So I get nervous whenever I see birds to this day!  Thank you for your reply and Happy Sunday to you! :)
      June 10, 2018 3:41 AM MDT

I like birds a lot. I used to look after my sisters african grey parrot but it’s died now. Im thinking about buying some lovebirds soon. Hope you have a good Sunday too Rosie
      June 10, 2018 3:51 AM MDT

Thanks Gypsy. I've seen some birds that are breathtakingly beautiful in their coloring. I think maybe they are in the parrot family!  Of course what is more beautiful than a Peacock and I guess they are birds aren't they? This post was edited by RosieG at June 10, 2018 4:44 AM MDT
      June 10, 2018 4:13 AM MDT

They are. I did some work for a couple that own a big farm and they had peacocks. They’re very beautiful 
      June 10, 2018 4:22 AM MDT

As a kid I remember that my mom ALWAYS had a vase filled with Peacock Feathers displayed somewhere. She loved them. They're kinda like the Aurora Borealis is in the sky! Awesomely beautiful! I think I'm gonna ask a question about it. So you actually saw the entire peacock up close and personal? Lucky you Gypsy! :)
      June 10, 2018 4:28 AM MDT

Yeah they had two of them. I painted a picture of a peacock last year. I’m not much of an artist but I like painting sometimes
      June 10, 2018 4:33 AM MDT

Is that YOUR artwork Gypsy? I'll take one please and thank you. I love unicorns and my sister painted one for me years ago. I LOVE that unicorn best of the world. I have all kinds of them. I've never seen a peacock portrait before. It's beautiful! Thank you for sharing it. I don 't suppose you paint unicorns too, do you?
      June 10, 2018 4:43 AM MDT

Yeah I’m glad you like it.  I keep meaning to do some more but I don’t paint anything very often. I need to be in the right frame of mind to do it. But if I wake up tomorrow and feel like painting then I’ll attempt to do a unicorn. I won’t make any promises though because I find it difficult to switch on my artistic side This post was edited by Gypsyking at June 10, 2018 5:10 AM MDT
      June 10, 2018 4:52 AM MDT

I totally and completely understand exactly what you mean Gypsy. I am not "creative" as you are but I do get in "zones" where the ideas just flow and the words come easily. Then there are the other times when it's like pulling teeth and simply not worth it. Same thing in the kitchen. I LOVE to cook BUT I have some "disastrous" experiences when I really wasn't "in the mood" so now I just go with the "mood". But your comment makes me think of another question. Thanks for the inspiration . You'll know it when you read it.
      June 10, 2018 5:17 AM MDT