Active Now

my2cents
Discussion » Questions » Religion and Spirituality » What would you prefer to do. Cast out demons or speak in tongues.?

What would you prefer to do. Cast out demons or speak in tongues.?

Posted - September 24, 2019

Responses

• Neither mean anything if I have not love.  I am happy and content to simply have a heart that loves the lord and wants to love others as he has loved us.  That is a tall order in and of itself but a task more than worth giving ones all.
      September 25, 2019 12:05 AM MDT

I totally agree with having the main objective be in loving the Lord. But isn't it a loving thing to do to deliver fellow believers from demon strongholds as Jesus instructed us to do? I mean, just look around, this world is full of demonic possession because of ramped sin. Maybe its just me, but by not assisting in delivering the demons from the poor afflicted brothers and sisters in our world, aren't we just making the psychiatrists rich by letting them medicate them instead? LOL
      September 25, 2019 12:35 AM MDT

• Well, you are correct in that if we practice first to love then all of these other things will fall into place because these actions you mention are a direct result of loving someone enough to want to break their chains of sin and darkness.  I just think it all starts with true love or those things might not happen to begin with.  However the Lord wishes to have his power and glory manifest in my life is entirely up to him.  I couldn't possibly choose one over the other.  I only pray that I can always be a vessel for him.  Whatever his plan is, I want to make it mine as well.
      September 25, 2019 12:42 AM MDT

Jesus has already given us authority and power over the demons and powers of darkness, we just have to step out in faith and focus our attention on Him and His glorious name. I healed a friends shoulder by praying and laying my hands on her because I decided, even though I was newly born again and still a baby in Christ, I had to step out in faith sooner or later, and so I chose to step onto the water and follow Jesus. He did say, that we would do these things He did and more amazing than that, when he returns to his Father and sits at his right hand. I believe Jesus. Everything comes to those who believe. Remember even Jesus couldn't perform many miracles in his hometown of Nazareth because of there unbelief. And he was amazed.  Also, I think that when we step out in faith, we are living testimonies of the glory of Jesus our Lord and Savior, and if your not good at preaching the Gospel, its the next best advertisement for the Kingdom of God and the Gospel.
      September 25, 2019 12:57 AM MDT

I've already spoken in tongues, more than once. As for casting out demons, demonic possession is a LOT rarer than you might think. If I could cast out the HUMAN personifications of evil who infest the White House, Downing Street, the Lodge etc then I'd be interested.
      September 25, 2019 1:55 AM MDT

I disagree with you on demonic possession being rare. In these Godless times, the demons have many open doors to establish strongholds on many unprotected humans. Why do you think there is so much rage, depression, mental illness and anger. Demons are having a field day in these end times filled with open recipricles. Unfortunately, instead of following the instructions of Jesus to cast them out, we have chosen to ignore the problem and send afflicted people to a Shrink to medicate the demons, not cast them out of the host. Its truly sad. 
      September 25, 2019 2:14 AM MDT