Active Now

Danilo_G
my2cents
Discussion » Questions » Human Behavior » Are Canadians more PC than Americans? Why / why not?

Are Canadians more PC than Americans? Why / why not?

just curious....

Posted - September 14, 2016

Responses

•   September 14, 2016 9:54 PM MDT

It all matters on how you define political correctness. My perception however, is that Canadians as group are more political correct than the US Americans (in a positive way). I can only judge by the people I have met or interacted with. It's not the same as I haven't met several US Americans who were lovely and political correct in the best ways, and that I haven't met Canadians that were absolutely not political correct.
      September 15, 2016 2:18 AM MDT

I meant politically correct.

September 15, 2016 2:28 AM MDT

When you say (in a positive way), what do you mean by that? Could you give examples? 

September 15, 2016 2:29 AM MDT

Let me try it this way. A lot are trying to turn PC into something about limiting freedom of speech. In my view that's far from truth. To me freedom of speech is as well a huge responsibility as we want to defend that right for the future as well. This again means we cannot tolerate bullies making excuse of using their right to spread hatred against others. In other words to me political correctness is about showing respect towards the individuals/groups i talk to/about.

September 15, 2016 4:07 AM MDT