Active Now

Malizz
Randy D
Discussion » Questions » Business » Forbes mag complaining about a "sex recession" claiming it hurts business. Do you think the boss not having sex regularly hurts the busines

Forbes mag complaining about a "sex recession" claiming it hurts business. Do you think the boss not having sex regularly hurts the busines

Could also be a person in a leadership row not just the boss. 

Agree or are they just mad the younger workers are telling them no. 

https://www.forbes.com/sites/cherylrobinson/2024/05/03/how-the-sex-recession-is-affecting-workplace-leadership-team-members/?sh=3d558b5e2aef

(Keep it clean)

Posted - May 6

Responses

It seems true that, in so-called developed countries, people are having less sex. The article mentions that "in 2021, a total of 26% of Americans aged 18 and over hadn’t had sex for a year," and I've seen related statistics before. 

This whole Forbes thing may be an odd take on it, but I don't think it's so unusual to wonder what kind of effects it has on a population. All the more so should it appear counter-intuitive, what with all the sex in popular media.
      May 6, 2024 12:36 PM MDT

Maybe I'm cynical,  but I suspect there's another study out there that says workers and leaders are having too much sex and it's affecting the economy.  And more studies about other non- work activities with positive or negative effects. The media chooses the story that will get the most readers.

What my workplace leaders and colleagues did with their private time was never a concern of mine.
      May 7, 2024 5:46 AM MDT