Active Now

Malizz
my2cents
Discussion » Questions » Life and Society » Seems to me the person living in the glass house ought not be throwing bricks. Trump insults fat women. Has he looked in the mirror lately?

Seems to me the person living in the glass house ought not be throwing bricks. Trump insults fat women. Has he looked in the mirror lately?

Posted - September 29, 2016

Responses

Is insulting a woman same as insulting all women? Hillary thinks so. But she insulted women who her husband slept with so she must hate all women too. Except that logic cannot apply to hillary according to hillary fans.
      September 29, 2016 6:09 AM MDT

Hello IT:

Look.. You can vote for him all you like..  But, to DENY that he's a misogynist is kinda crazy..

excon
      September 29, 2016 6:47 AM MDT

So Trump tells Miss Universe to lose weight (imagine that...a beauty contestant who is supposed to be slim), 20-years ago, and he's anti-woman. Hillary calls the sexual assault/rape  victims of her husband, "Bimbos," and she is for woman's rights? 

What  hypocracy!
      September 29, 2016 6:56 AM MDT

Hello C:

If it had been ONLY that incident, you'd be right..  But, it WASN'T.. It isn't even close, so you're wrong..

excon
      September 29, 2016 7:19 AM MDT

How can I be wrong about my comparison of two events that happened? He said that Miss Universe needed to lose weight after gaining 50lbs. It was in her contract. Hillary Clinton called Paula Jones, Catherine Willey, Anita Rodreqiuz (not sure of these spellings) and Monica Lewinsky, "the bimbo eruption." And you think that saying a beauty contestant needs to lose weight is worse than calling sexual assault victims "bimbos?"

I can't discuss an issue with someone of this mindset. 
      September 29, 2016 12:27 PM MDT

Hello again C:

Then we're done..  I'm good with that.

excon
      September 29, 2016 12:50 PM MDT

• Excon - Misogyny is the hatred of women (plural). Being rude or unkind to an individual woman is NEVER misogyny. It doesn't matter how rude or unkind it was.

If you want to accuse Trump of misogyny you need to find quotes where he making hateful generalizations about all women. Good luck with that.

If you think what he said is misogyny, is it misandry when a woman insults a man?
      October 1, 2016 2:51 AM MDT

Does saying that trump is fat mean that you are insulting men? Or are you simply insulting trump?
    Why does that standard change when trump calls a woman fat? This post was edited by ITpro at September 29, 2016 12:27 PM MDT
      September 29, 2016 7:17 AM MDT

Ever heard about the 'living in a glasshouse...' and what it means? I'd believe you are in bad faith if so. Enjoy your day.
      September 29, 2016 7:26 AM MDT

He calls others fat and he is called fat himself. I fail to see the major issue. Somehow that has turned into an issue about him hating women which does not follow.
      September 29, 2016 8:04 AM MDT

It does follow.
      September 29, 2016 8:46 AM MDT

And you don't know about the sexual assault victims of her husband that she calls bimbos? One rule for Trump, and another for Clinton. The woman is a  hypocrite.
      September 29, 2016 12:30 PM MDT

A normal person would look up the question, and next look at the replies in that context. The question doesn't indicate wether HRC has a better or worse ethical approach towards women, or human beings as such. Is it too tough for you to stick to the context without giving me all your Clinton hypocrite speeches? Thank you. No need to reply, it was sort of rhetorical question. Have a lovely life.
      September 29, 2016 1:11 PM MDT

It is very difficult for Trump supporters to EVER answer a question regarding him SH. They redirect to attack Hillary. It is ubiquitous and I think in their DNA  I think they never even realize they are doing it. They just go for the red herring/straw man and think they are being quite cleverly responsive. They aren't. Thank you for your defense of a point I keep making in questions. I appreciate your reply! Happy Sunday! :) This post was edited by RosieG at October 2, 2016 7:46 AM MDT
      October 2, 2016 4:55 AM MDT

Thank you Rosie. :-)
      October 2, 2016 7:47 AM MDT

You're welcome SH! :)
      October 4, 2016 3:37 AM MDT

How it follows? Women have insulted trump's hair so does that mean they hate men?
      September 30, 2016 6:28 AM MDT

Ever heard about a pattern? Well, his words speak for themselves.

Here is an article back from 12 August 2015. It hasn't become less since then. Link: independent.co.uk: heres all the sexist things that donald trump has ever said

Keep defending the misogynist. It won't make him any less a misogynist though. Enjoy your Friday. 
      September 30, 2016 6:43 AM MDT

He calls men fat and ugly too so he must hate men? Because a pattern?
    Or he is simply insulting people...
    He insults women so he must be misogynist. He insults men so nothing. Hillary insults women so nothing. There are obviously not standards, just what is convenient.
      September 30, 2016 10:47 AM MDT

September 30, 2016 10:49 AM MDT

This is supercalifragilisticexpialidocious!  Thanks SH! :)
      October 2, 2016 4:57 AM MDT

You're welcome Rosie. Happy Sunday! :-)
      October 2, 2016 7:45 AM MDT

Hello again, IT:

He doesn't HATE women.. He DISRESPECTS them, and he said so himself..  Here's the video.  Yes, it's an add for Clinton, but you can CLEARLY hear him say, what I said he said..

excon

PS>  (edited)  So, the video didn't take..  I'll have to figure out how to do that..  I'll get back to you

PPS>  Ok, let's do it this way:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k6vMGqX58Ww&feature=youtu.be

This post was edited by excon at September 29, 2016 8:19 AM MDT
      September 29, 2016 8:15 AM MDT

I have met many women and many men in my lifetime that I do not respect but that does not mean I disrespect all women or men. Comments about appearance are not unusual when appearance is part of a job such a model or actor and these are the norm and can be seen all over the front page of magazines purchased at any grocery store. Of course men and women who take employment based on their looks should expect comments about their looks and every blessing can act as curse.
      September 30, 2016 6:35 AM MDT