Active Now

Malizz
my2cents
Discussion » Questions » Religion and Spirituality » The Great day of Judgment is coming! Are you ready?

The Great day of Judgment is coming! Are you ready?

Jesus said "Every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account in the day of' Judgement" Matthew 12:36. "He that rejecteth me and receiveth not my words, hath one that judgeth him. The word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day" John 12:48. Jesus spoke of a day of judgement on the last day. He said that two kinds of words; We will be judged by his words and ours.

But how can we be sure that there really will be a day of Judgement? We can be sure there is a judgement because he proved there would be a Judgement by his own resurrection from the dead. The apostle Paul said, "God now commandeth all men everywhere to repent because he hath appointed a day in the which he will judge the world by righteousness by that man whom he hath ordained, whereof he hath given assurance unto all men in that he hath raised him from the dead" Acts 17:30,31. "For we must all appear before the judgement seat of Christ, that everyone may receive the things done in his body, according to what he hath done whether it be good or bad" II Corinthians 5:10. We can be sure that there is a judgement day and we can be sure that everyone on earth will be there.

The climax of the judgement scene is recorded by John in the last book of the Bible, the Book of Revelation. "And I saw a great white throne and him that sat upon it from whose face the heaven and the earth fled away, and there was found no place for them. And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God and the books were opened, and another book was opened, which is the book of Life, and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works. And the sea gave up the dead which were in it and death and hell (Hades) delivered up the dead which were in them and they were judged every man according to their works." Revelation 20:11-13.

Here are some clear facts from the Bible about the judgement: Fact No. 1: Man must give account of himself on the day of judgement. (Matthew 12:36; Romans 14:10,12). Fact No. 2: All of us shall appear at the judgment. (Acts 17:31; II Corinthians 5:10) Fact No. 3: We're to be judged by how we measure up to the word of God. (John 12:48; Revelation 20:11-13) Fact No. 4: We need to get ready for the judgement day. (II Corinthians 5:10; Matthew 12:36-41)

Now if Jesus is going to be the judge and his words are going to be the standard or rule by which we are judged it becomes very important that we learn what his words are. In the great sermon on the mount he said, "Not everyone who saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven, but he that doeth the will of my father which is in heaven. Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name and in thy name cast out devils and in thy name done more wonderful works? And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you. Depart from me you that work iniquity" Matthew 7:21-23. Those who do his will, will not receive this condemnation and punishment. What will you say at the judgement?

Posted - July 1, 2016

Responses

Nope. I will be very surprised if there is a judgement day any time soon. It has been predicted hundreds of times since the death of Jesus. What makes you think your prediction is more reliable than any of the others?

July 1, 2016 3:14 AM MDT

You have not read the post.. She has made no prediction as to when the day of judgement shall be.. She is simply stating that the day will come and she is calling upon people to make the necessary adjustments to be redeemed by Jesus on that day of Judgement.

July 1, 2016 6:20 AM MDT

Tomorrow is not guaranteed:)

July 1, 2016 10:44 AM MDT

July 1, 2016 10:45 AM MDT

• Did that come a few years back and a few years before then and so forth?!?! How many judgement days do we need. Does god hate us that much.
      July 1, 2016 12:02 PM MDT

God loves us, but we are separated from God forever through sin. He wants us to repent and be saved and be reconciled to him forever, because he loves us.

July 1, 2016 10:33 PM MDT

I don't need to be judged. If there is a creator God he should know everything about me already.

By the way God would you explain 'created in God's image' and exactly what 'free will' is?
      July 1, 2016 11:18 PM MDT

Yes, but Heaven is a perfect place, and we are sinful. Jesus sacrificed and took all humanities sins so we can go to heaven. We can not go there by ourselves. So if you are sinning you have to answer to God for your sins. I care and don't want that for you.

July 1, 2016 11:24 PM MDT

• This is the way I see it: we don't have to wait for the Day of Judgement. We are being judged, right here, right now. For every actuation, we are judged in the moment. Therefore, it pays to always do the right thing.

July 1, 2016 11:26 PM MDT

"All have sinned and come short of Gods Glory" God says, but that is a great attitude you have!

July 1, 2016 11:30 PM MDT

I am not sinning because I do not have free will to avoid 'mistakes'.
    Free will is an illusion; I am governed by my subconscious.
      July 1, 2016 11:32 PM MDT

No you have choices.

July 1, 2016 11:37 PM MDT

Seems that way but that is the illusionary part.
      July 1, 2016 11:40 PM MDT

oh then you must feel powerless. But you can pray and God can change the situation I believe.

July 1, 2016 11:44 PM MDT

I don't feel powerless at all. My subconscious rules and guides my thinking therefore my actions and there is nothing I can do to change that. It would have like trying to change events of the past.
      July 1, 2016 11:51 PM MDT

""""I am not sinning because I do not have free will to avoid 'mistakes'.
    Free will is an illusion; I am governed by my subconscious.""""

You have the free will to assess each action or thought you have done or are doing and declare it to be a good action or thought or to be a bad action or thought...   So when God says, thou shalt not steal, You can either agree that it is bad to steal and declare every time you have stolen something to be a bad deed, Or you can reject the standard of God and think that you have done good each time you have stolen something...

In the end the first step to eternity with God is not about what we have done ... ((because we have all done bad things))   The first step to eternity with God is about agreeing with Gods declaration that what He declares bad is indeed Bad and what He declares Good is indeed Good and each and every time we have done something against His declarations we have sinned..

July 2, 2016 6:25 AM MDT

I do not have free will to have the free will to make a choice. There are many factors in the subconscious that affect how I think that I consciously may have no control over.
    Sometimes when I steal candy from a baby and make it cry I ask myself 'now why did I do that'? Maybe there is a bit of a hidden sociopathic factor within me but then I feel some remorse after..
    So many unknown control factors can lie within the subconscious.
      July 2, 2016 7:16 AM MDT

"I know that nothing good lives in me, that is, in my flesh; for I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out. For I do not do the good I want to do. Instead, I keep on doing the evil I do not want to do.  And if I do what I do not want, it is no longer I who do it, but it is sin living in me that does it".…Rom 7:19 We all struggle with our fleshly desires. Thank you for being so honest and sharing.

July 2, 2016 11:17 AM MDT

It sounds like you have a conscience, which is great! God forgives everything and gives us a new heart when we have repented and are born again.

July 2, 2016 11:22 AM MDT

It is not 'sin living within me' that has the effect. It is environmental factors of my past and genetics that most effective influence of my thinking.
    If my entire past was deleted from memory only then could I have free will; ie not having learned difference between right and wrong.
      July 2, 2016 11:31 AM MDT

So sorry that happened to you. I do believe that there is hope for all of us with God, and a healthy lifestyle (exercise, nutrition, positive thinking, and loving others) God says "Love one another so your joy will be full"

July 2, 2016 12:31 PM MDT

What did I say happened to me? Feeling sorry is like praying it does nothing to help anyway.
    I love everyone and everything too and I do give help when I am able to but I would never tell someone I feel sorry for them.
      July 2, 2016 1:23 PM MDT

Quote: "By the way God would you explain 'created in God's image' and exactly what 'free will' is?"

If this is a sincere request, see if this helps:

http://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/1200002878?q=%22In+what+sense+is...

In what sense is man made “in God’s image”?

http://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/1101992004?q=%22free+will%22&amp...

The Wonderful Gift of Free Will

July 3, 2016 6:14 AM MDT

God did explain to me -this is how it works:

All the previous gods were created in the image of man, woman or beasts so the bible story writer decided it would give more glory for God if he turned it around to say man is created in God's image instead.
    Simple as that.
    'Course that was before mirrors were invented too so maybe God created man in his image just so he would know how to comb his hair.

Free will is an illusion -you can get an idea of my opinion above comments.
      July 3, 2016 7:38 AM MDT