Active Now

my2cents
Discussion » Questions » Religion and Spirituality » Do you have the fruits of the Holy Spirit?

Do you have the fruits of the Holy Spirit?

But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness,  gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law. Gal 5:22

Posted - July 1, 2016

Responses

probably not as much as i should to be honest

July 1, 2016 4:26 PM MDT

Yes you do! You are very humble and have a beautiful spirit.

July 1, 2016 10:25 PM MDT

Those things come natural as well as patience, understanding and forgiveness et al.
    Don't they?
      July 1, 2016 10:51 PM MDT

Not for everyone. Great that you have these traits!

July 1, 2016 11:53 PM MDT

Sure i have all those traits but some days you might not know it.
      July 1, 2016 11:59 PM MDT

Aren't we all like that ha,ha...

July 2, 2016 11:25 AM MDT

Yeah.
      July 2, 2016 11:38 AM MDT

• I haven't seen him at the farmer's market.

July 2, 2016 11:42 AM MDT

ha,ha....

July 2, 2016 12:23 PM MDT

July 2, 2016 12:23 PM MDT

Absolutely
      July 2, 2016 12:36 PM MDT

July 2, 2016 1:45 PM MDT

Not hardly. I have to work on it myself. From threads on here and answerbag, I would say others need to work on it as well. I've offended people and then they have gone on to other threads making taunts against JW's in retaliation. 

July 3, 2016 9:09 AM MDT

Retaliation is NOT loving and terrible. I am so sorry that happened to you. However I must speak the truth about JW, I believe Jehovah's Witness is another religion, not Christian, because they don't believe in the trinity. Once we are born again then we have an earnest desire to do Gods will, even if it costs us and we have a love for humanity, even those who hate us. All I want is to please God.

July 3, 2016 1:31 PM MDT

Fruits of the Holy Spirit?

Is that some sort of gay Christian organization?....;-D...

July 3, 2016 1:33 PM MDT

Ha, ha ... but in all reality when you repent of your sins, and put all of your trust in God and realize that Jesus took all your sins on his shoulders then the Holy Spirit comes into your heart, and your character changes. Then you are born into the family of God because you become his child. All your sins are washed away. When Jesus comes back you will not be punished for any sins at all and you will live in heaven forever. These "fruits" are part of your new character traits.. Many call themselves Christian but if they are not loving they aren't really Christian. "You shall know them by their fruits"

July 3, 2016 1:49 PM MDT

Sorry, you'll have to give me a more literal description of how the process works. Great heaping piles of metaphor simply leave me confused and suspicious.

July 3, 2016 1:53 PM MDT

No fruits, but I have his nuts!
      July 3, 2016 2:08 PM MDT

No one really knows how because the action is Gods not ours. It is a miracle. But we have to analyze if we have these traits if we say we belong to  God. True Christian's have these traits and they sincerely want to do Gods will, not their own. How does it work?

It starts by God drawing you, then you hear God's words, then you repent to God (we are all sinners, everyone) and acknowledge that Jesus is God's Son, then God saves you. Then you are a new person. Yep, that's how!.

" For it is by grace  you are saved ,through faith, and that not of yourselves, it is a gift from God." Eph. 2:8.

July 3, 2016 2:24 PM MDT

" acknowledge that Jesus is God's Son, then God saves you"

Interesting. I openly acknowledge that Jesus is God's Son yet you say I am not Christian because I don't believe in the trinity. 

July 3, 2016 7:55 PM MDT

Just because you say something, doesn't necessarily mean that you are saved, The action is God's so only He changes the heart, opens the eyes so you can see. However I hope and pray you are saved, I sincerely do, even if we disagree who God is.

July 3, 2016 9:28 PM MDT

They are there for the taking but most people don't accept the gift because they don't know the value.

July 3, 2016 9:29 PM MDT

July 3, 2016 9:31 PM MDT

A bit odd that you claim to believe in the Bible yet you believe that God is a trinity while Bible writers wrote that there are many gods but only one true God, the Father. Even Jesus said that the Father is the only true God. This is so simple and clear:

(John 17:1-3) Jesus spoke these things, and raising his eyes to heaven, he said: “Father, the hour has come. Glorify your son so that your son may glorify you, 2 just as you have given him authority over all flesh, so that he may give everlasting life to all those whom you have given to him. 3 This means everlasting life, their coming to know you, the only true God, and the one whom you sent, Jesus Christ.
    (1 Corinthians 8:5, 6) For even though there are so-called gods, whether in heaven or on earth, just as there are many “gods” and many “lords,” 6 there is actually to us one God, the Father, from whom all things are and we for him; and there is one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom all things are and we through him.
    (1 Corinthians 11:3) But I want you to know that the head of every man is the Christ; in turn, the head of a woman is the man; in turn, the head of the Christ is God.

Deal with the above scriptures this time rather than brushing them under the rug. Does the trinity doctrine say that the Father is the only true God?

July 4, 2016 2:38 AM MDT