Active Now

Spunky
Danilo_G
Discussion » Questions » Politics » "A country that cannot control its borders is failing at one of its fundamental obligations" Is this true?

"A country that cannot control its borders is failing at one of its fundamental obligations" Is this true?

I am, you know, adamantly against illegal immigrants.
we’ve got to do more at our borders.
There is technology that would be in the fence that could spot people coming from 250 or 300 yards away and signal patrol agents who could respond

Come up to Westchester, go to Suffolk and Nassau counties, stand in the street corners in Brooklyn or the Bronx – you’re going to see loads of people waiting to get picked up to go do yard work and construction work and domestic work.”

You can find youtube audio and NY news text of hillary saying all this.  None is deceptive or out of context. Is hillary right about illegal immigrants and the border?

Posted - October 24, 2016

Responses

I agree that the fundamental job of government is to protect its citizens.  A porous border that allows people to illegally cross it leaves us vulnerable to all sorts of things that could be harmful.  I'm less concerned about an illegal Mexican who comes here only to work to support his family than I am about the terrorist who comes here to plant bombs and kill Americans.  I also believe that it is not possible to actually build a 700 mile fence.  What happens when you get to the Rio Grande? This post was edited by SpunkySenior at October 24, 2016 1:34 PM MDT
      October 24, 2016 1:03 PM MDT

I wholeheartedly agree with every point in this/your post except the last one.  As the Chinese so clearly demonstrated some 2000 years ago, a border fence/wall of such length IS possible.  As for what happens when you get to a river, you swim really fast or drown. This post was edited by Transquesta at October 24, 2016 1:34 PM MDT
      October 24, 2016 1:31 PM MDT

Is it even possible to build that wall over the river without damming it up?  Even if you can, that means it can be breached aquatically. 
      October 24, 2016 7:14 PM MDT

A country is DEFINED by its borders (among other attributes). No borders, no country.

And that's the idea.  That is the primary goal of globalists/globalism: complete dissolution of national and cultural boundaries with every human being living on the neofeudalist plantation.
      October 24, 2016 1:29 PM MDT

For the USA you only have to look as far as the US Constitution to get that answer.
      October 24, 2016 1:33 PM MDT