Active Now

Danilo_G
Element 99
Shuhak
Discussion » Questions » Legal » Is SCOTUS corrupt?

Is SCOTUS corrupt?

Hello:

Should Clarence Thomas be paling around with a collector of Nazi paraphernalia?

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2023/apr/08/clarence-thomas-supreme-court-harlan-crow-hitler-memorabilia

excon

Posted - April 13, 2023

Responses

Thomas is either corrupt or has very poor judgment. Neither quality should be tolerated on the Supreme Court. 
      April 13, 2023 9:00 AM MDT

I'm beginning to see why Thomas never uttered a word for the first couple of decades.  Now that he's started being verbal, all this stuff is coming out.  
      April 14, 2023 8:35 AM MDT

I don't know about all of them, but Clarence Thomas has no business being on the Supreme Court.  I didn't like him before and I like him even less after finding out that his wife encouraged the January 6th insurrection and that for decades he has been glomming off a multi-millionaire donor.  If he had to ask other judges whether or not he was doing something wrong by accepting those perks, his judgment is not good enough to judge others.  As for Kavanaugh and Barret, at the least, they lied in their interviews.
      April 13, 2023 11:20 AM MDT

He claims they have been friends for 25 years, but he's been on the court for over 30. Doesn't pass the smell test for me.
      April 14, 2023 7:25 AM MDT

Doesn't pass the smell test for me either, but then, he never passed it in the first place.  I believe Anita Hill.
      April 14, 2023 8:33 AM MDT

I do not think any of them are corrupt. I think each have different views on the Constitution and how it and laws should be applied. 

I think Thomas is the best judge we have. He goes by the law and how it was intended to when it was written.  

If we are going to use guilt by association, just remember who Obama liked to hang out with a domestic terrorist. 

April 13, 2023 7:29 PM MDT

Has been since RBG passed away. Trump stacking it with his trained seals didn't help.
      April 14, 2023 8:06 AM MDT

Yes. I think it's impossible to find that number of humans with enough power and influence to have risen to the position without finding some corruption. The extent and nature is the question. This sounds pretty bad.

I remember feeling very conflicted when he was nominated. My political views were underdeveloped at that time, still heavily influenced by others and I've always had the same zero tolerance of racism and liked that a Black man was being nominated. On the other hand, I thought he was a creep and not to be trusted. This post was edited by SavvyAnsley at April 15, 2023 9:48 AM MDT
      April 15, 2023 8:01 AM MDT