Active Now

my2cents
Shuhak
Danilo_G
Discussion » Questions » Politics » When Trump said he could shoot somebody and not lose voters, was he RIGHT?

When Trump said he could shoot somebody and not lose voters, was he RIGHT?

Hello:

I thought my country would REJECT Trump..  Instead, it has BECOME Trump!

excon

Posted - May 7, 2023

Responses

I don't think he would get away with it. Trump has a big mouth so he would say things about it in public that would be used against him in a court of law. Like the guy had it coming to him and the guy thought he was tuff but he went down like a lead ball and cried about it. Cheers!
      May 7, 2023 8:35 AM MDT

Trump doesn't have the cojones to look someone in the eye and shoot them.
      May 7, 2023 9:35 AM MDT

I was thinking that too. He would shoot someone in the back and that would also be used against him in a court of law. Cheers!
      May 7, 2023 9:38 AM MDT

That CNN report is dated 2016. By the time Mr. Trump completed his first term, his mouth alone had prevented his second term. If in fact, he did stand on Fifth Avenue and shoot someone, it would be very difficult for him to run for office from prison (enough passage of time to have completed due process on a 2016 shooting).

PS. He was rejected, remember 2020?
      May 7, 2023 9:37 AM MDT

Hello N:

The question wasn't about whether he'd get away with it or not..  It was about whether he'd lose VOTERS.  You might be a Trump voter..  If he DID shoot somebody, would you still vote for him??

excon This post was edited by excon at May 7, 2023 10:18 AM MDT
      May 7, 2023 10:15 AM MDT

You obviously don't keep up with my posts. I was never a Trump supporter. All it took for me was watching the first season of The Apprentice to see the measure of the man. I didn't base my answer on whether he would get away with it. I based my answer on what he actually said in the piece that you posted.
      May 7, 2023 3:11 PM MDT

I just re-read the question. I originally thought it was about him saying he could shoot someone and get away with it. But it is about him losing votes - and I think he would loose a lot of votes. I also think that if he did shoot someone in cold blood the people that still support him would be looked at in a different light (like how can you still support a cold blooded killer). Cheers! 
      May 7, 2023 10:05 AM MDT

It would depend on the situation around the shooting.  Self defense is allowed in this country.

Just walk up and shoot someone in cold blood....yes that would lose voters.  Myself included. 
      May 7, 2023 11:22 AM MDT

The fact that he said that and countless other deplorable things and still was elected in 2016 and is still worshipped by most of his followers makes me think that he could do it and they would still somehow defend and support him.

Such as puzzle, why those with so little money and power are so attracted to it. 

May 7, 2023 11:44 AM MDT

POLICIES.....
      May 7, 2023 2:07 PM MDT

According to Bill Barr Trump rarely acted on or fulfilled his policies. Cheers!
      May 8, 2023 6:36 AM MDT

Then Bill Barr is an idiot. I know policies were acted on...this is why I supported Trump and still support Trump....he is the only POTUS in my voting lifetime who fulfilled promises. 

Tax cuts, no new wars, secured the boarder, tariffs, bringing home manufacturing jobs, opening up drilling etc.  
      May 8, 2023 7:13 AM MDT

Cut taxes to the rich with his trickle down economics policy. Put America on the verge of a civil war with his big lie. His wall did not secure the border - migrants still poured into America. And his tariffs did not bring back jobs or help the economy. Cheers!
      May 8, 2023 7:49 AM MDT

I got my tax cut and my electric bill cut from that bill. I am not rich or anything close. 
    Tariffs helped level playing field for American companies....Canada is still whining saying they want to renegotiate the trade deal. 
      May 8, 2023 7:55 AM MDT

Canadians don't whine. Cheers!
      May 8, 2023 8:11 AM MDT

He might lose a few votes,  but there are lots of hard-core supporters who think Trump can do no wrong. He will give some excuse and they will eat it up.
      May 7, 2023 5:54 PM MDT