Active Now

Danilo_G
Discussion » Questions » Legal » Should the murderer who murdered a guy on the subway be charged with murder?

Should the murderer who murdered a guy on the subway be charged with murder?

Hello:

excon

Posted - May 7, 2023

Responses

Well, if politicians are worried about their benefactors, they will have to suffer the consequences of more and more violent acts.  Thoughts and prayers are in abundance, though. This post was edited by Spunky at May 9, 2023 1:49 PM MDT
      May 9, 2023 9:14 AM MDT

Another case of military not reporting their information to NCIC database then....

Red flag laws would be good if they were done correctly.  ie. The person being reported (red flagged) should have the opportunity to defend themselves before the judge before they are stripped of the 2nd amendment right.  Otherwise, it can be used to simply be sure your wanted victim is unarmed when you come/send an attack. 
      May 9, 2023 12:18 PM MDT

"Otherwise, it can be used to simply be sure your wanted victim is unarmed when you come/send an attack."

What the heck does that even mean?  Is it English?
      May 9, 2023 1:50 PM MDT

OK.  Say I am mad at you.  I call the police and say you threatened to shoot me with your pistol    Under a red flag law, the police at their discretion,  can go to your home and remove any firearms you have in your home. 
    You are now disarmed and unable defend yourself with your firearm....and I know it because I made the red flag report.  
    Now I can either go to your home myself with a weapon or even send an other person to your home to harm you.     

I used the red flag law to disarm you.  Now apply this to a violent ex husband....see what kind of damage he could do? This post was edited by my2cents at May 11, 2023 5:00 AM MDT
      May 9, 2023 5:50 PM MDT

If I'm making a complaint that YOU threatened me with a weapon, why would the police come to MY home and disarm ME?  That makes absolutely no sense at all.  
      May 10, 2023 6:41 AM MDT

Reread....In my example....I would be the one making the complaint to the police.
      May 11, 2023 4:58 AM MDT

You edited your post today.  I responded to you yesterday - to your original comment.
      May 11, 2023 6:52 AM MDT

I did not change the words...simply put the part you missed in bold font. 

I didn't think until after I did that I should have screenshot it first....oh well. Win some loose some. 
      May 11, 2023 7:28 AM MDT

It is not acceptable to put someone in a chokehold because they are annoying you. The perpetrator is a Marine veteran who should be well aware of the potential consequences of his actions. Yes, he should be charged with murder.
      May 8, 2023 6:21 AM MDT

I have nothing to offer you except this. Another mental patient bites the dust. They are treated just like the homeless and there's nothing that can be done for them. I hate NY and any state that let things get this bad. HEY WAIT! Every state does this!
      May 8, 2023 9:21 AM MDT

Big cities do this. 
    I have family who suffered from mental illness for most of their life. When they stopped taking their meds and actions corresponded, police were called and they would be taken to the hospital for evaluation and treatment. Afterwards, their case worker would help find housing etc. Again, small town, it seems to matter.
      May 8, 2023 1:14 PM MDT

How can you call him a murderer if he hasn’t been charged or convicted as such? Or have you reached your own verdict?
      May 8, 2023 10:27 AM MDT

Hello Stu:

I'm simply a citizen who has an opinion - just like the 12 jurors who'll hear his trial.. I can't imagine any evidence more compelling than the video of his murder..  Apparently, that ain't enough for you.. 

excon This post was edited by excon at May 8, 2023 11:31 AM MDT
      May 8, 2023 10:59 AM MDT

I am not judging. Just saying that he is a suspect now, not legally a murderer.
      May 8, 2023 11:32 AM MDT

Hello again, Stu:

Fortunately, I'm not constrained by verbal vernacular..  When I SEE a murder, dad gumit, I've SEEN a murder..  I don't need anybody telling me different.

excon
      May 8, 2023 11:56 AM MDT

Then why pose it as a question if you’ve already decided?
      May 8, 2023 12:03 PM MDT

Hello again, Stu:

Seeking opinions.  Maybe somebody saw something that I missed.

To be sure, I KNOW the answers to MOST of the questions I ask here..

excon
      May 8, 2023 12:30 PM MDT

I just read about it and saw a photo. After seeing the photo the first thing I wondered is if racism played a part. There were 2 people holding the homeless guy and the one guy that chocked him to death so I don't think he is the hero that some people are claiming he is. When a person gets choked out they go limp which either means you killed them or you cut the oxygen off to the brain which can cause permanent brain damage. The guy that choked the guy was ex military so he was likely familiar with CPR so after he the guy went limp he should of checked for a heart beat and if there was none administer CPR. He did not so I say it was murder and he should be charged with murder. Cheers!
      May 8, 2023 11:38 AM MDT

New witness just came out and said Neely was threatening passengers. Talking about "shooting a mfer". She is a  66yr old woman said she made sure to thank Penny for helping.  
      May 13, 2023 6:58 AM MDT

Hello my:

Talking about murdering some unknown third party is NOT a threat to any particular person..  But, even if it was, should that have resulted in his death?  YELLING to the world that you wanna kill some mfer, is free speech.

Second degree manslaughter seems appropriate.

excon
    This post was edited by excon at May 13, 2023 7:13 AM MDT
      May 13, 2023 7:11 AM MDT