Active Now

Danilo_G
my2cents
Discussion » Questions » Jobs » What have you accomplished today? Can be something small or HUGE!

What have you accomplished today? Can be something small or HUGE!

I saved 286 people from losing employment today, I’m so happy that :) HUGE!!

I am not allowed to talk about my job on social media but I’m so happy and bursting with joy about how today went and I need to document it somewhere online Cos I have an addiction…  YAY!! Also, I’m not bragging, I’m just so very happy right now that I need to be able to see this some day when I’m feeling down. 

Posted - June 15, 2023

Responses

Wow, that is quite an achievement affecting so many lives, families, children,  good job.  
      June 15, 2023 8:17 PM MDT

Thank you :) … typed a paragraph here then remembered this is online and I don’t need to share details lol. :) 
      July 9, 2023 7:56 PM MDT

I was going to do a little bragging about how I put my new computer table together without looking at the instructions but it doesn't seem so major after reading about yours. Probably going to be a lot of people sleeping well tonight thanks to you. Cheers! 
      June 15, 2023 8:41 PM MDT

Putting together a computer table is a great accomplishment!! yay you!!
      July 9, 2023 8:00 PM MDT

Yesterday, I sold things, mowed the grass, balanced the checkbooks, filed my MIL property tax refund, played with the grandkids. 
    Glad you were able to really help people that is always a good feeling. 
      June 16, 2023 5:53 AM MDT

Thanks My2:) I’m glad I got back to the career I love :) I took a bit of a detour for money… but I’m a better person now that I’m doing what I love again as a career. i won’t be as financially stable now but at least I can sleep again lol. Congrats on all your accomplishments that day.. sounds like a lot :) Miss you all and hope you’re keeping well. 
      July 9, 2023 8:05 PM MDT

So far today, I woke up (YAY!) and moved my car out of the garage (driveway repaving day). That's about it. 

Congrats on your accomplishment! Thanks for using your gifts and talents to be the good! 
      June 16, 2023 6:07 AM MDT

Haha sometimes just waking up and getting out of bed is accomplishment enough :) 
      July 9, 2023 8:10 PM MDT

Very true! 

Thanks for the gift. I know that tape has a nice selection of Rod Stewart and John Mellencamp tunes. ;)
      July 10, 2023 7:24 PM MDT

Last night I ordered a new wireless mouse from DELL. When I got the email message confirming the order, it told me there was a glitch with my credit card information. I was too tired to deal with it at the time.

The first thing this AM I get a phone call from "toll free call", usually a robocall. For some reason, I picked it up anyway. It was the credit card company. I went through their recorded instructions and cleared the glitch in less than two minutes. Went back to the Dell email to find that the order could now go through. Yay!! in about a week, I'll have a new mouse.

Now I'll make some coffee. This post was edited by NYAD at June 27, 2023 6:28 PM MDT
      June 16, 2023 8:04 AM MDT

If you live near a Walmart, Best Buy, Target, or Staples, why not just go buy one?
      July 9, 2023 8:22 PM MDT

I don't have my own vehicle and the bus stop is too far for me to walk. OK?
      July 9, 2023 8:58 PM MDT

Makes perfect sense.
      July 9, 2023 9:00 PM MDT

Yay! Answering a phone call from a number you don’t recognize and it working out in your favour!! That never happens lol. Superhero moment :)  

July 9, 2023 8:31 PM MDT

Ahh you’re not on my friend list.. they won’t let me send you gift :/ 
      July 9, 2023 8:34 PM MDT

I don't think I'm on anyone's friend list. I've never read up on "friend list".

That phone call was a surprise. It came before I got around to getting the credit card company's 800 number, which was to be my next step. I'm using my new mouse now.

July 9, 2023 9:15 PM MDT

I am, eh.
      July 9, 2023 11:01 PM MDT

I milked the cows, fed all of my animals, exercised the animals, got the kids dressed, labeled and packaged the cheese I made from my cows’ milk, took care of the garden, then I sent an inspection form to the Ministry of Transportation of Ontario for my husband’s trucking company. After that, I made time to log on here and answer this question, then I liked the answers of people who answered one of my other questions.
      June 16, 2023 8:39 AM MDT

While you are doing all those chores day after day do you ever sing John Denver's song Thank God I'm a Country Boy. I kind of miss having chores to do and I really miss driving around on my ridden lawnmower while singing the Green acres theme song. Cheers and happy weekend!
      June 16, 2023 10:00 AM MDT

I have plenty of music for you.

I never sang Thank God I’m a Country Boy by John Denver, but here are two different versions I could sing:

However, your question about pot and altitude made me think of this John Denver song:

Anyway, when I sent our signed copy of our driver’s roadside inspection to the necessary government agency, this was the song that came to mind:

It was an inspection with no violations were discovered.  If it wouldn’t have been a clean inspection because the driver missed something that should’ve been found during the driver’s pre-trip inspection, I would’ve been singing a different tune and the driver probably wouldn’t have wanted to hear it.

This post was edited by Livvie at July 9, 2023 8:47 PM MDT
      June 16, 2023 2:58 PM MDT

I was just thinking that maybe altitude and getting high was a factor in John Denver's death. Maybe he was used to smoking pot in the mountains and didn't get so high because the altitude made his joints burn slow. But on the day of his plan crash he was at sea level and if he smoked a joint and it burned fast and gave him more smoke than he was used too it might of messed up his flying skills. Cheers and happy weekend!  
      June 16, 2023 3:45 PM MDT

You might be onto something.  Oxygen is flammable and there’s more of it at sea level.  At sea level the effective oxygen percentage is 20.9%.  In Aspen, Colorado, it’s only 15.4%. This post was edited by Livvie at July 9, 2023 8:47 PM MDT
      June 16, 2023 8:30 PM MDT

You’re one busy lady lol. That’s more than I could do in a day:) probably a week! You‘re my hero, Livvie!
      July 9, 2023 8:43 PM MDT

Aww thanks.

I’m off to save the world now!

Oh, wait…

Ahem, it was a busy day.

This post was edited by Livvie at July 9, 2023 9:30 PM MDT
      July 9, 2023 9:29 PM MDT

I got out of bed under my own steam, brushed my teeth, washed my face, made coffee, had a bowl of cold cereal with blackberries and I'm now having my second cup of coffee while pending time on my computer.  If I'm not too exhausted, I'll go food shopping later.
      June 16, 2023 9:32 AM MDT