Active Now

Element 99
Discussion » Questions » Outside the Mug » Has this happened to you in your bathroom?

Has this happened to you in your bathroom?

If so, I'll smile even more. If not, feel free to share a similar experience.

I bought a bottle of body wash called "Lavender Escape."  I used it in the shower and it smells like birthday cake to me.

Posted - July 3, 2023

Responses

I use products that are fragrance free other than pure natural fragrances.  I use Dr. Bronner's  as well as Kirk's fragrance-free soap. I do like the smell of some other soaps but I try to limit the chemicals where I can.......that is a difficult task.
      July 3, 2023 8:49 AM MDT

Yeah, every now and then, I think of doing the same thing as you do. I may try your way.
    Sometimes the fragrances are too much for me.

Often, I'm more happy with the 'fragrance' of the breeze blowing through the bathroom window, as I leave the bathroom window open.  :)
      July 3, 2023 2:54 PM MDT

Try to resist the temptation to eat your shower.  They're very fattening. 
      July 3, 2023 10:04 AM MDT

Thanks! :) Very good idea!

I admit I have had eating-in-general thoughts in the shower though.

July 3, 2023 2:59 PM MDT

My favorites are naturally fragranced almond or lemon products. 

There are apps and websites where you can check ingredients and brands for their safety. Things we use on our skin can definitely affect our health. 

July 4, 2023 8:36 AM MDT

Yeah, I may more look into all of this. Sepomone at one of my jobs left out a bottle of natural spa with natural lemon juice or something  and I really like it.

(Does "Almond Joy" count? I certainly love them. Ha!)
      July 4, 2023 4:07 PM MDT

Ha! I don't think they count. 

The Honest Company makes an almond-scented body wash that I like. Lately I've been using locally made products. 
      July 4, 2023 6:36 PM MDT