Active Now

Danilo_G
Discussion » Questions » Politics » Guilty Schmilty

Guilty Schmilty

Hello:

All Trump's gotta do is make sure at least one MAGA cultist is on any of his juries to prevent a conviction.  Can he do that?  I think he can.  Failing that, all he's gotta do is win the election, and he can stop the investigation that way.  Can he do that?  I think he CAN.

Do you?

excon

Posted - September 9, 2023

Responses

Well I don't think a MAGA cultist will  get on the jury because it wouldn't take much for them to show their true color. During the selection they could ask them trick questions like - do you think Donald J Trump has BO and the MAGA cultist would lose it and start ranting and screaming. I don't think Trump has a chance of winning 2024 or any other Republican and we can thank Trump for that. Cheers and happy weekend!
      September 9, 2023 7:42 AM MDT

Hello N:

I sure hope you're right..  But, I think the MAGA cult is extremely good at lying.

excon
      September 9, 2023 7:46 AM MDT

Well I am probably right because I am a good judge of human behavior. Because I spent a lot of time down by the river along with lovers, muggers and thief's. Cheers and happy weekend! This post was edited by Nanoose at September 9, 2023 8:38 AM MDT
      September 9, 2023 8:02 AM MDT

I assume you're referring to the Georgia trial.  I do agree that one juror could conceivably muck up a Trump conviction, but I'm wondering if the verdict has to be unanimous for him to actually be convicted.  
      September 9, 2023 8:13 AM MDT

Yes, it is a serious criminal case. An unanimous decision is required for a guilty verdict.

The phone call when read in complete context clears Trump. He goes through the believed fraudulent votes and the numbers to each kind and then tells GA to find them.   (Find the fraud) This post was edited by my2cents at September 9, 2023 12:27 PM MDT
      September 9, 2023 8:47 AM MDT

Hello again, my:

I agree..  Saying "find me" x number of votes is NOT evidence of a crime..  The beauty of RICO, however, is that Trump doesn't have to have meant anything nefarious.  But, if some of his co-conspirators did, Trump is toast.

excon
      September 9, 2023 9:16 AM MDT

The Rico will not fly. There has to be a intent of a crime and there has to be a criminal organization....there is neither in this case. 
      September 9, 2023 12:26 PM MDT

Hello S:

Whether federal or state, a criminal conviction requires a unanimous verdict.  However, even ONE dissenting juror renders a hung jury.

excon
      September 9, 2023 8:48 AM MDT

If the jurors are willing to look at the evidence honestly....it clears him. 

September 9, 2023 8:48 AM MDT

Hello my:

Trump was acquitted in BOTH impeachments because the jury was the Republican controlled senate..  This time the jury is the American public.  Nonetheless, as mentioned, it only takes ONE MAGA cultist to hang the jury. 

Do I believe that honorable people such as yourself will get on that jury?  I do.

excon
      September 9, 2023 8:59 AM MDT

You just need 12 people with TDS. 

He was acquitted of the impeachments because he did nothing wrong. Asking Ukraine to look at Biden's corruption is not illegal. Our Congress is finally looking at it now. Blackmailing to get a investigator fired who was investigating Hunter's employer.  Then Biden's get paid.  
    Jan 6th....peacefully and patriotically march and cheer.  ....we are the party of law and order we respect police.  
    Trumps last Tweets from Jan 6th were censored. 

September 9, 2023 12:17 PM MDT

Hello again, my:

The Jan 6 case is the weakest among the cases hounding Trump..  The documents case is solid..  Even if he mistakenly took documents that he wasn't entitled to, he certainly committed a crime when he lied to the FBI about having them..

Nonetheless, IF he gets even one MAGA extremest on the jury, no matter how well intentioned he or she is, that'll hang that jury too..  That's IF it even happens, and I'm not sure it will.  If any of the government cases fail, they'll ALL come tumbling down. 

excon This post was edited by excon at September 9, 2023 3:27 PM MDT
      September 9, 2023 3:11 PM MDT

The hush money case is the weakest. Absolutely no law was broken....hush money is legal...it is sleazy but legal. 
      September 9, 2023 4:33 PM MDT

We have to trust in the jury selection process. I believe it will be quite extensive and involve the use of jury consultants. 
      September 9, 2023 5:00 PM MDT

Yeah body language, micro expressions and voice patterns can't fool a good jury consultant. I'm also wondering if during the selection processes the can check out a persons web history. Cheers and happy weekend!
      September 9, 2023 6:02 PM MDT