Discussion » Questions » Politics » Trump is gonna win, UNLESS.....

Trump is gonna win, UNLESS.....

Hello:

Biden is gonna lose..  He needs to be replaced, but I don't know who with.  Do you?

excon

Posted - October 3, 2023

Responses

They will never do it...too much money involved.  Those early states get lots of advertising money and tourism out of it. 
    The only thing that might help would to give Representatives a longer term. 4 yr terms and only 1/2 half of them at a time. Instead of the current all of them every 2 yrs.
    I also think we should remove the limit on the amount of Reps in the House.  As population grows the EC will not reflect the popular vote more and more.  But we do need the EC to protect smaller states from the more populous states. 
      October 27, 2023 2:04 PM MDT

I agree with the last part.  The House of Representatives should use the cube root of the US population.  It’s probably the easiest system mathematically.  We have 333287557 people so there should be 693 representatives.  I would also rather have congressional districts apportioned by a neutral computer program that just draws the boundaries by the most compact area.  That would be a more fair way to do it.

I think if we’re going to have the electoral college, there’s also a more fair way to do it, which is directly electing the electors.  The electors state who they’ll support and every voter chooses three electors on the ballot, two for their state and one for their congressional district.

I don’t think any of my weird ideas for improving democracy would ever happen.
      October 27, 2023 11:57 PM MDT

The cube root of anything is far from the easiest mathematically.
      October 28, 2023 1:38 AM MDT

I don't think we need to elect the electors, but they should legally be required to vote for the winner of their district.  
    Yes a computer should do the districting. I think we take the smallest state's population and that is the amount of people one Representative is supposed to have in their district.
      October 28, 2023 7:11 AM MDT

I think Biden will win for the same reason he won last time - he is way better than Trump. Be nice if Michelle Obama threw her hat into the ring. I think she could beat easily Trump plus it would really get Trump’s goat. Cheers!

October 26, 2023 11:03 AM MDT

Michelle Obama has not expressed interest in running nor does she have any experience as a CEO or in any elective office.

I have no idea what would make her a strong candidate.
      October 26, 2023 1:20 PM MDT

Michele has been visiting high profile donors on her own.  She has been doing book tours etc. And has refused to endorse Biden for 2024.  Hillary also claimed she was not running until of course she did. This post was edited by my2cents at October 27, 2023 3:20 AM MDT
      October 26, 2023 4:27 PM MDT

Trump is gonna win. Unless, of course, he doesn’t.
      October 27, 2023 6:22 AM MDT