Active Now

Danilo_G
my2cents
Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Current Events and News » Why would a state prevent hand counting of ballots?

Why would a state prevent hand counting of ballots?

Posted - October 5, 2023

Responses

Which state and why don’t you tell us?
      October 5, 2023 8:45 AM MDT

My question is not why did (specific state) ban hand counting of their ballots?

My question is would  a (ANY) state ban hand counting of ballots?

I try to keep it general because as soon as you mention a specific state/politican/etc people tend to go to the corners and come out fighting.  This post was edited by my2cents at October 5, 2023 10:32 AM MDT
      October 5, 2023 10:14 AM MDT

But without specifying a state, it’s too vague of a question that really can’t be answered.
      October 5, 2023 11:55 AM MDT

Sure it can. 
      October 6, 2023 7:59 PM MDT

Maybe if you’re still crying about an election from three years ago.
      October 6, 2023 9:37 PM MDT

People are just fixing laws and regulations that enable fraud.   If the people of that county did not trust the results to the point of removing voting machines in favor of a hand count.  How does the Gov think banning their hand count will effect their feelings about their elections integrity?
      October 7, 2023 4:52 AM MDT

All of which started because of crying about an election from three years ago.
      October 7, 2023 5:39 AM MDT

All of which started because their fraud was noticed.  

We want elections we can trust.  We want ever6who is eligible to vote and wants to vote to do so.  We want ID to proof the person voting is the eligible voter they are claiming to be. We want paper ballots, counted by hand at the precinct the people voted at. We want observers who can actually observe the process.  
    We want real punishment for those found to be guilty of fraud.  
      October 7, 2023 6:11 AM MDT

As usual, a headline intended to cause readers to think that a state is preventing the proper counting of ballots.  Once again, half a story and if you read it all, you'll understand why this happened.

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/bill-limiting-ballot-hand-counting-california-law-county/story?id=103741610
      October 5, 2023 10:13 AM MDT

Did Newsom just ban hand counting? Yes he did.  That is the story. He is preventing a county that voted to remove voting machines from counting votes by hand.  That is the story.    If it is just a matter of timely counting then that is what you pass a law saying votes must be counted by X amount of time from election day.   But he passed a law banning hand count and requiring machine count. 
      October 5, 2023 10:24 AM MDT

He did not ban it completely.  The county ended its contract with Dominion because of the unfounded claims about Dominion without having another company fill the spot.  In effect, that would not be in line with what the state mandates for ballot counting.  Clearly, you didn't understand the article.  
      October 5, 2023 11:06 AM MDT

They did not want another company to fill the spot....they wanted to hand count. The people in the county do not trust the computer counting. 

He banned hand counting for county with more than 1000 voters.....that is effectively banning hand counting. 
      October 6, 2023 8:06 PM MDT

In effect, that would not be in line with what the state mandates for ballot counting. 

You need to stop cherry-picking only the sentences that agree with you.  If the state mandates ballots be counted by computer, then that's how they have to be counted.  You can't just change the laws when they don't suit you.
      October 7, 2023 1:27 PM MDT

A law that was just changed.   If it was already illegal to hand count (computer required) then they would not have had pass a law making it illegal.   That is not cherry picking that is what they did.
      October 7, 2023 9:59 PM MDT

Maybe it is a safety issue. Last election there were concerns about fake ballots coming in from China that were printed on bamboo. And maybe they found out that ballots that are printed on bamboo cause slivers. Cheers!

October 5, 2023 10:34 AM MDT

If the workers are will to risk the slenters  then let them.  If they get one it would be confirmation of a fake ballot....
      October 5, 2023 10:40 AM MDT

What the heck are "slenters?"  Try proof reading your comments.
      October 5, 2023 11:07 AM MDT

It is a typo. We all make them.  Most of us ignore them.   Splinters.  

Proof reading proofreading
      October 7, 2023 4:37 AM MDT

I ignore it if I know what is meant to be written.
      October 7, 2023 1:20 PM MDT

Well maybe it’s a mold issue. Last election there were concerns about a burst water pipe that might have caused a diversion to tamper with ballots. And maybe they found out that the moister caused mold on the cardboard ballots and it effected the ballot counters health. So now they are going to do it all electronically. Cheers!

This post was edited by Nanoose at October 5, 2023 12:01 PM MDT
      October 5, 2023 11:57 AM MDT

A water pipe did not burst, that was a lie to stop counting and send everyone home. And they could pull the cartons of ballots out from under the table. 
    A men's urinal overflowed.   No need to send people home, simply call the janitor. 
      October 7, 2023 4:47 AM MDT

Maybe they were just storing the cartons of ballots under the table to keep them safe. Because Trump was saying that they were finding stolen ballots in rivers and under rocks. Cheers and happy weekend!

October 7, 2023 7:45 AM MDT

There were images of ballots being found outside etc.   
      October 7, 2023 8:35 AM MDT

Lieutenant Columbo investigating Trump’s stolen ballot claim.

Lieutenant Columbo glances at his notepad while stroking his chin and say’s – OK stolen ballots, rocks and rivers – I think that wraps it up. Then he turns around and starts walking away. After about 10 feet he stops and walks back over to Trump while slowly waggling his finger. And he say’s – you know there is just one little thing that is bothering me - why would anybody go to all the trouble of stealing ballots and then just throw them in the river or hide them under a rock. Cheers and happy weekend!

This post was edited by Nanoose at October 7, 2023 11:27 AM MDT
      October 7, 2023 9:19 AM MDT