Active Now

Danilo_G
my2cents
Discussion » Questions » Current Events and News » Are Trump's co-defendants in the Georgia case throwing HIM under the bus?

Are Trump's co-defendants in the Georgia case throwing HIM under the bus?

It appears that Trump's former attorney, Jenna Ellis, is the latest co-defendant to take a plea deal.  By the time the trial actually starts, Trump could be the only defendant.  Woo hoo!

Ellis pleaded guilty to one felony count of aiding and abetting false statements and writings. She had been facing charges of violating Georgia’s Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations Act and soliciting the violation of oath by a public officer, both felonies.  She was sentenced to five years of probation along with $5,000 in restitution, 100 hours of community service, writing an apology letter to the people of Georgia and testifying truthfully in trials related to this case.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/jenna-ellis-becomes-latest-trump-134539125.html

Posted - October 24, 2023

Responses

I think it is more of a case of saving their butts and getting less of a sentence. I figure if another 3 of them take a plea deal the courts won’t have to offer or take plea deals so the rest of them will get the full sentences like they deserve. Cheers!

October 24, 2023 10:20 AM MDT

I agree.  However, even though they pled down to misdemeanors (although Ellis pled guilty to a felony) it is possible that they will lose their licenses to practice law and that would be a severe punishment albeit there is no jail time for them.
      October 24, 2023 2:49 PM MDT

Actually, Chesebro pled guilty to a single felony. He asked that it be specified that is was not 'a crime of moral turpitude' which might make a difference in keeping his license. 
      October 24, 2023 3:37 PM MDT

I'll be honest with you.  I don't think any of them should keep their licenses to practice after doing what they did to this country.  They don't deserve to.
      October 25, 2023 6:24 AM MDT

What I have heard is that those who take a plea deal have to videotape their testimony beforehand so the prosecutor knows exactly what she's getting. I suspect that throwing Trump under the bus is what she's looking for. Although, Chesebro's attorney said the plea deals were because the prosecution wasn't ready for trial and Trump has nothing to worry about from his client. Maybe that's true or maybe he wants to protect his client from harassment. 
      October 24, 2023 12:04 PM MDT

I wouldn't believe a word either of their attorneys say.  Truth is more likely that they are saving their own butts.  Fani Willis doesn't strike me as someone who would not be prepared to go to trial.
      October 24, 2023 2:47 PM MDT

It is more a matter of not wanting to expose her case this early. So light plea deals and she gets to keep her case close to the vest until she gets to Trump.   It is all a game. These early ones are saving their law licenses. Powells stuff will be removed altogether from her record in 6 months,  I would took that deal myself.  
      October 25, 2023 7:46 AM MDT

It is like a game - the pin the tail on the donkey game. Cheers!
      October 25, 2023 9:11 AM MDT

I was just reading that one of the reasons defendants are pleading guilty is because of the Rico act. It has a way of making dirty rats – rat out other dirty rats. Cheers!

October 24, 2023 3:40 PM MDT

October 24, 2023 5:44 PM MDT