Active Now

Malizz
Danilo_G
Discussion » Questions » Life and Society » If the government decides to put an end to daylight savings time, would you prefer they put it at standard time, or daylight time?

If the government decides to put an end to daylight savings time, would you prefer they put it at standard time, or daylight time?

Posted - October 31, 2023

Responses

Personally, I have no preference.  But no matter what they do, people will complain about it (it's too dark at such-and-such a time).
      October 31, 2023 9:21 AM MDT

It's either too dark in the morning or too dark at night.  No matter what you do, there are still only 24 hours in a day.  The Native Americans have a saying that only the white man would think that cutting six inches off the top of a blanket and sewing it on the bottom would make a longer blanket.
      October 31, 2023 12:40 PM MDT

hahahaha, I love it!
      October 31, 2023 5:42 PM MDT

I don’t really care as long as the semiannual time change ends.  My preference is to end it now and stay on DST.  If we don’t end it by the next time change, then my preference would be to not have another time change and stay on standard time.

This post was edited by Livvie at October 31, 2023 4:44 PM MDT
      October 31, 2023 10:27 AM MDT

Personally, I don't care, but to be fair, they can split the difference and change it by half an hour in either direction.  Just do it already and stop talking about it.
      October 31, 2023 11:23 AM MDT

Leave as it is in the summer time.  I do not ever need it to be dark a 4:30 pm. 
      October 31, 2023 12:54 PM MDT

I would prefer DST, but realistically, since states can only opt out of DST, not stay on it permanently, I think if it changes, it will be on a state by state basis until all states opt out. Then we will all have standard time..
      October 31, 2023 4:50 PM MDT

I prefer daylight savings time. 
      October 31, 2023 5:43 PM MDT

I strongly prefer Standard time.  I wrote ad nauseam about this to my legislators.  It's Florida though, and they can't get around the love for DST the tourism industry screams.  I mean, it is the Sunshine State.   Anyway, as I see it, it passed overwhelmingly last go around in the Senate but the House never voted so it died.  If there is a new bill presented I haven't heard about it.  Last year I thought Marco's bill did pass the House and it was signed into law.  Not so I now realize. 

So, we get to have Standard Time for a while, starting Sunday morning.  YAY! This post was edited by Thriftymaid at November 1, 2023 11:13 AM MDT
      November 1, 2023 11:11 AM MDT