Active Now

Element 99
my2cents
Discussion » Questions » Death and Dying » How can you oppose putting murderers to death and be fine with killing innocent children via abortion?

How can you oppose putting murderers to death and be fine with killing innocent children via abortion?

Jesus Christ is the ONLY way to Heaven! More Babies in Fallujah | Aym Playing

Posted - November 3, 2023

Responses

I am anti abortion, no exceptions.  
    And pro death penalty....provided it is not a accidental death or in any way possible self defense.  And must DNA, video so there is no question of the identity of the criminal. 
      November 3, 2023 5:31 AM MDT

Ectopic pregnancies? Aggressive cancers requiring immediate treatment? There are some situations where a termination is the only way to save the mother's life. And in those specific circumstances, there is no way the embryo can survive to term.
    A jury can also get it wrong. The last man executed in Australia, Ronald Ryan, was later proven innocent of the murder he was hanged for. He was a criminal and absolutely guilty of armed robbery and escaping lawful custody, but those were not capital crimes. This post was edited by Slartibartfast at November 5, 2023 12:42 PM MST
      November 3, 2023 7:15 PM MDT

Ectopic pregnancy is not a viable pregnancy.  That is a miscarriage. 
    Health of the Mother, it is a matter of purpose.  You try to preserve the pregnancy if possible.  But rather than purposeful killing the baby, the Dr tries to save the baby. It us about the objective, treat both the mother AND the baby as patients. Try to save both.  Try to save the Festus (baby) if it makes it then great if not then it still had a chance. 
    Yes, juries can get it wrong, I qualified my support for death penalty to cases where the criminal is unquestionably identified and unquestionably  violent premeditated murder. (Not manslaughter,  not defense, not drunk driving etc)
      November 4, 2023 6:36 AM MDT

And I ask a related question.

How can you be fine with killing people, period. No matter how old they are? Whether innocent children or murderers?

"You murdered? That's wrong! So we're going to murder you!"

Killing people to show the world that killing people is wrong is, in itself, also wrong to me.

This post was edited by WelbyQuentin at November 5, 2023 12:42 PM MST
      November 3, 2023 6:02 AM MDT

Ahhhh, one of my favorite bumper stickers.  :)

This post was edited by Thriftymaid at November 5, 2023 12:42 PM MST
      November 4, 2023 9:38 AM MDT

I would buy that one for sure!
    Thanks for sharing!
    :)
      November 4, 2023 5:37 PM MDT

I'm quite certain images like that are created by people who are against abortion, just to make some point about how horrible it is. That would be funny, if it weren't kind of sick. 

I'm not very okay with other people (strangers; the government) telling me what to do. (American) conservatives are typically like that too. So how should I, as a man, determine the futures of millions of women (and even girls)? Or punish them because I feel they made some moral misstep?
      November 3, 2023 12:07 PM MDT

Those are not "created" images. Those are actual images post abortion. Nothing is funny about them. 

It is about defending innocent human life. And everyone has the right to do that even men. 
      November 3, 2023 2:36 PM MDT

I doubt we'll get very far with this, but all right... 

No one likes abortions. No one has them just because they are so fun. I understand the way you feel about them, and no marginally sane person wants to see it done at an advanced stage. That's the paradox here: if you think someone who takes what look like severed little arms, and arranges them on an American coin, then makes sure the lighting accentuates the blood as effectively as possible, is championing Christian virtue... I don't know what to tell you. Except that they're not. 

And if you want to save the lives of children, I suggest you do something about the problem that kills thousands of kids every year in America (not in any other developed country), mostly outside of mass shootings, and more commonly within gun-owning households. Hint: the solution isn't more guns.
      November 3, 2023 5:05 PM MDT

The picture is about showing people visually what they are destroying.  It is not a lump of cells. It is a human being.  

In the USA, an average 23 kids (under 18) are shot daily. (6 deaths)  Abortion kills 1,500-2,500 babies daily.   I will stick with my opposition to abortion.

Removing my gun or any other law abiding citizens gun will not save anyone.  Applying strick gun penalties will.  If someone, commits any crime with a gun, they should get 5 yrs added to their sentence with NO parole or early release.  Any arrest for a crime with a firearm should no be allowed bail until trial. (Crimes not self defense or something like that...you attack someone, you rob someone with a gun, etc then you know you are going to prison) No more slaps on the wrist.  
    And if someone attempts to purchase a gun who cannot pass the NCIC background check to buy a gun should be reported to the police and they should have to explain why they tried to purchase a gun they are not allowed to have.
      November 3, 2023 6:43 PM MDT

Adam Lanza didn't own a gun, he used his mother's - assault rifles she'd have found difficult to even lift, never mind operate properly. Firearms should require licensing, for weapon and owner.
    Switzerland has more guns in private ownership per capita than the USA - ALL gun owners there are veterans. No exceptions.
      November 3, 2023 7:24 PM MDT

ArmaLite Rifles are not heavy....they weigh less than 10#.   
    The mother was at fault she knew her son was mental and she gave him access to a gun. If she were alive, she should have been charged as an assessory to the murders. Gotten no bail and at least 5yrs added to any sentence recieved. It is illegal to arm mentally ill people with firearms.  

It is illegal to have a gun registry in the USA. We have 2nd amendment and that is not changing. 
      November 4, 2023 6:23 AM MDT

The Second SPECIFICALLY states "A well regulted militia, being necessary for the security of a free state ..." Thats the bit that gung-ho gun advocates conveniently ignore. A well regulated militia, not a rabble in arms. Written at a time when the fledgeling United States was unable to pay and equip a permanent army.
    The US has the best paid and equipped military in the world now. And the only civilian militias that are "well regulated" (or regulated at all) are the National Guard and the Coast Guard - if you're not a Guardsman or woman, the Second doesn't apply to you.
      November 4, 2023 8:44 PM MDT

• A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

left out the important part....
    The right of THE PEOPLE to keep and bare arms,  shall not be infringed. 

Being in a Militia is not a requirement to recieve the right.

Militia means every military aged citizen.  The founding fathers did not want to have to start from scratch and train civilians to be able to handle a weapon.  We have firearms because the government has firearms.  There are many speeches, writings and judicial rulings that make it cleat exact what the founder meant when they wrote the 2nd and all of the Bill of Rights.  They are all individual rights not government nor states rights.
    National Guard is not civilian Militia.  Members of the guard are considered enlisted military service people.  This post was edited by my2cents at November 15, 2023 5:08 AM MST
      November 5, 2023 6:31 AM MST

Once again, you're cherry picking. WELL REGULATED. It's in the Constitution. If you don't like it, repeal the whole thing.
      November 5, 2023 3:36 PM MST

US Supreme Court has ruled clearly more than once that 2nd is an individual right to all American citizens unless they do something to lose that right.   That is not cherry picking....those are factual court rulings from the beginning of the country to modern times. This post was edited by my2cents at November 15, 2023 5:35 AM MST
      November 5, 2023 6:44 PM MST

By the same token, how can you oppose playing God via abortion but be fine with playing God via capital punishment?

Who is anyone to take it upon themselves to decide when another human being should die?
      November 4, 2023 9:57 AM MDT

I don’t get why people are both pro-abortion and opposed to capital punishment.  I also don’t get why people on the other side are both anti-abortion and in favor of capital punishment.  I’m generally anti-abortion (not in every case) and I’m also opposed to capital punishment, but while the liberal and conservative positions (USA definitions of liberal and conservative) make absolutely zero sense to me, I can completely understand and respect someone who’s both pro-abortion and supports capital punishment.  Even that makes more sense to me than one side being pro-abortion/anti-death penalty and the other side being anti-abortion/pro-death penalty.

This post was edited by Livvie at November 5, 2023 6:47 PM MST
      November 5, 2023 12:42 PM MST

This partly why I refer to myself as anti-abortion. 
      November 5, 2023 6:48 PM MST