Discussion » Questions » Politics » Did you hear Trump’s latest excuse?

Did you hear Trump’s latest excuse?

Trump recently said that when he said that Obama is in the WH – it wasn’t because he was confused – it was because he was just being sarcastic. I don’t believe that. Trump made a few other confused mistakes in the same speech. And he has made lots of other confused mistakes in the past so I think he just can't admit that he was wrong. Cheers!

Posted - November 28, 2023

Responses

He can't admit it when he's wrong and everything that goes wrong is always someone else's fault.  
      November 28, 2023 8:32 AM MST

Yep he can’t admit he makes mistakes and blames his mistakes on others. He confuses countries and their leaders. And he swears to take revenge on his enemy's on his first day back in office. Not the kind of guy that should be sitting behind the nuke button. Cheers!

November 28, 2023 9:19 AM MST

I agree.  
      November 28, 2023 12:58 PM MST

What about this time?.
      November 29, 2023 4:16 PM MST

Trump is under a lot of pressure, which could cause any one to make a few flubs, it would be better if he would just say that. That said, I am way less concerned about his gaffes, than I am about his criminality and his clear plan to become a fascist dictator.
      November 28, 2023 4:31 PM MST

November 28, 2023 4:53 PM MST

Several clear and blatant cases of Islamophobia, which is simply antisemitism aimed at the OTHER Abrahamic religion. The rhetoric is identical, he's just changed the scapegoat. No gas chambers, Mussolini and Franco didn't have them either and they were just as fascist as Hitler. He only announced his intention to step down after his attempted coup d'etat failed - that's actually a CAPITAL crime. He still hasn't conceded - he lost. Bigly. And will again if the GOP is stupid enough to nominate him again.
      December 4, 2023 11:18 PM MST

Who in the last 3 Presidents has arrested journalists who were critical of them?
    Both Obma and Biden.
    Who is using the DOJ to attack their political opposition? Biden
    Who fired people for not listening to the gov authority? Biden. 
    Who worked with big tech to censor opposing views? Biden. 
    Who tries to use regulations to control the economy? Biden
    Who is using regulations to control private companies? Biden

But sure we pretend Trump is the Nazi Fascist.  

GOP party officials have no choice in nominating Trump. He is going to win the primary easily.  They know and there is not a thing they can do to stop it. 

December 5, 2023 7:21 AM MST

The scary part or maybe the blessing part is Trump is not even trying to hide his desire to be a fascist dictator anymore. On Truth Social Trump resonantly called for the termination of the Constitution to overturn the 2020 election and reinstate him to power. That sounds like fascist talk to me. Why I think it might be a blessing is because the more he says stuff like that - more and more people will see him as a wannabe fascist dictator. Cheers!

November 28, 2023 5:24 PM MST

He has worked to undermine trust in the media, the justice system and the election process - the first steps to becoming a dictator. 
      November 28, 2023 9:26 PM MST

The media undermines themselves.  All politicians criticize the media.  Trump took the term Fake News from Hillary. 
    For example:

5 states all stop counting at the same time. The suddenly Trump is loosing those states. Problems with machines, observers not be allowed to observe, drop boxes being stuffed on video all over the country, ballot harvestingin states were it is not legal....the people running elections are who have caused people not to believe in election results...for years. Trump is hardly the first to protest an election result.  

Again, it is the very justice system by not enforcing laws but rather brings false charges for political reasons that undermines itself.  
    Trump is not the one who:
    Prosecuting political opposition from Trump to parents opposing grooming in the classroom.

Forcing people to get an experimental vaccine...that we now know is harming and killing healthy people.

Using big tech to censor American citizens free speech. 

No Biden does not have attack the media, they protect him.

But sure, we will pretend Obiden is not a tyrannt.

This post was edited by my2cents at November 29, 2023 7:05 AM MST
      November 29, 2023 5:51 AM MST

People who are brainwashed do not think they are brainwashed. 
      November 29, 2023 7:07 AM MST

True.....so very true.
      November 29, 2023 7:10 AM MST

lol  What one side believes about the other is exactly the same as the other believes about them.  It’s amazing how that works.  
      November 29, 2023 12:27 PM MST

FYI, Trump claims to have invented the term fake news, which is only true in the sense that he uses it to describe main stream media. The term previously was used to refer to sites that presented outrageous stories as fact. Hillary Clinton referred to fake news on social media sites having real consequences,  not to actual news programs. If I recall correctly,  she was referring to the Pizzagate conspiracy theory. I'll leave it at correcting just one of your inaccuracies.  That doesn't mean I agree with anything you posted.
      November 29, 2023 4:09 PM MST

Then Trump is incorrect. He took it from Hillary. I do not remember what she used the term with. She had several terms she liked to use such "the vast right-wing conspiracy" "deplorables" etc. And she is not the first to use Fake News, either. But she used before Trump.  Trump is who made the term popular. 
      November 29, 2023 5:49 PM MST

Undermining trust in the media isn’t a heavy lift.  I don’t really trust most of them except for News Nation and the local TV news, which are what I watch.  If I’m looking for world news online, I typically skip the American sources and look for the international ones.
      November 29, 2023 12:32 PM MST

I don't disagree,  but it doesn't mean he's not doing it. I will say that some international news sources are pretty bad and my own experience with local news stories I was close to, gave me no reason to trust them to get things right.
      November 29, 2023 4:12 PM MST

Yesterday on Truth Social Trump demanded that the so called government punish MSNBC for their negative coverage of him. Guess in his wannabe fascist dictator mind nobody deserves free speach except him. Cheers!

November 30, 2023 8:46 AM MST

I heard that. He's being very clear about his plans to control the media and purge any government employees he doesn't like. And yet, some people still can't see it.
      November 30, 2023 9:01 AM MST

I think there is something more to his all cap rant. He should of said something like – the government should take legal action against MSNBC. But instead he demands that the so called government punish MSMBC. And I bet in the next few days he will make all cap rants like – The so called government is/will do nothing to punish MSMBC for the unfair way they have treated me. And I think the reason he will do it is because he knows his followers will punish MSMBC for him. Cheers!

November 30, 2023 9:58 AM MST

You don't actually believe Biden is running anything, do you?

Obiden probably will not make it to the 2024 election anyway. They will replace him, likely with Newsom.   This post was edited by my2cents at November 28, 2023 5:21 PM MST
      November 28, 2023 4:49 PM MST

If it’s Trump vs. Biden, it’ll just be a slugfest between two people most of the country, or at least most people I know don’t want.  If it’s Newsom vs. Trump, I think Newsom would easily win.  If it’s Biden vs. Haley or some of the other Republicans who aren’t Trump, I think they would easily win.
      November 28, 2023 5:28 PM MST

I would argue most years it is between 2 candidates most of the country does not want.  

Newsom does worry me because so many do not pay attention to politics and would vote for because of his age. 
    It will be Trump, that is clear. So we will just have to wait and see what the Dems pull. 
      November 29, 2023 5:56 AM MST