Discussion » Questions » Politics » Do you think its true that once a dictator always a dictator?

Do you think its true that once a dictator always a dictator?

At a town hall yesterday Sean Hannity askedTrump about the media saying he would be a dictator if he returned to the Oval Office. Trump initially shied away from responding, but when asked a second time he said he would only be a dictator on the first day of his second term. 

I think that is the biggest lie Trump ever told because he is likely planning on being a dictator for ever if he gets back in the WH. Cheers!

Posted - December 6, 2023

Responses

Trump is intent on becoming a dictator.  I guess that's what some people want.

December 6, 2023 11:13 AM MST

I think Trump is planing on being a WH dictator for the rest of his life. So on his second day in the WH Trump will stand on a WH balcony that over looks his subjects and he will say - I hereby decree that from this day forward Washington apples will be know as Donald J Trump apples. Cheers!

December 6, 2023 11:59 AM MST

He is going to be a dictator by securing our border and drilling for oil...day 1. 

Trump answers ‘dictator’ question

In one of Hannity’s early questions of Trump, he asked the former president about media reports from over the weekend that cast a potential second-term as a dictatorship, something Trump’s allies later fired back on.

“They want to call you a dictator,” Hannity said referring to the media reports. “To be clear, do you in any way have any plans whatsoever, if reelected president, to abuse power, to break the law, to use the government to go after people?”

“You mean like they’re using right now,” Trump initially responded, before pivoting to speaking about the criminal indictments he faces.

Hannity again revisited the question just before a commercial break, asking: “Under no circumstances — you are promising America tonight. You would never abuse power as retribution against anybody?”

“Except for day one,” Trump responded.

“Except, what?" Hannity.

Trump said, “He’s going crazy. Except for day one.”

“Meaning?” Hannity asked.

“I want to close the border and I want to drill, drill, drill,” Trump responded.

“That’s not retribution,” Hannity said.

“I love this guy, he says, ‘You’re not going to be a dictator are you?’ I said no, no, no, other than day one. We’re closing the border and we’re drilling, drilling, drilling. After that, I’m not a dictator."

This is another case of Trump playing the media....they fall in line everytime.  They are going on about Trump said he is going to be a dictator from day 1....but leaving out the rest. People see this and distrust the media more and more.  You think the msm would wise up. 

Here is Biden's dictator actions on day 1. 
    This post was edited by my2cents at December 7, 2023 11:52 AM MST
      December 7, 2023 7:08 AM MST

I think some of the things Trump wants to do have to be voted on in congress. So how would a dictator get the votes they need? Maybe by setting up one of these in the congress hall. Cheers!

December 7, 2023 8:36 AM MST

Executive orders.  He can absolutely secure the border using them. 
    And he can absolutely open up drilling with them. 

As you can see above Biden shut down drilling and pipelines via executive orders on day 1. 

Anything that can be done by executive order can be undone by the next POTUS via executive order. 
      December 7, 2023 11:51 AM MST

I don’t think Trump can get all he wants with executive orders. When he was in the WH and there wasn’t the amount of money in the new spending bill for his wall he didn’t sign the spending bill until he got the amount he wanted. So because of that America went through the longest government shut down in it’s history. Trump is now swearing to get revenge on the people he considers enemy's on his first day back in the WH - probably can’t do that with executive orders either. Cheers and happy weekend!

December 8, 2023 7:02 AM MST

He can send more agents, he can send the National Guard,  he can continue building the wall which Biden stopped.  On day 1. 

Reining in the l weaponized government...that will.take more time than just day 1....but he can do it.  
      December 8, 2023 7:27 AM MST

Trump sent troops to the border when he was in the WH but by Federal law they were limited in what they could do. The troops were not be allowed to detain immigrants or seize drugs from smugglers – so a fat lot of good that did. Trump might think he will do a lot of things on his first day back in the WH but thankfully there are still federal and state laws in his way. I mostly say thankfully because those laws will make it harder for him to take revenge on the people he considers his enemy. Cheers and happy weekend!

December 8, 2023 8:27 AM MST

The troops free up the border agents to secure the border.  Also some of the states have passed paws allowing their police to enforce border laws.  Also via executive order Trump will restart the remain in Mexico policy while the illegals await their hearings.  This will do a lot...no more shipping them into the country.  Perhaps we should ship them north to Canada. 
      December 9, 2023 8:56 AM MST

M/F is trying to be Emperor Palpatine, but dumber. This post was edited by Zack at December 8, 2023 11:08 AM MST
      December 8, 2023 9:37 AM MST

Emperor Palpatine was better looking then Trump too. Cheers and happy weekend!
      December 8, 2023 10:40 AM MST