Active Now

Danilo_G
Discussion » Questions » Music » What do you think of this artist; DreScott?

What do you think of this artist; DreScott?

He has so much potential; like his voice, his runs, style and heart, however if you've heard one song you've heard them all.  Something is missing in my opinion which would take him from really good to really great.  Wish I was a musical guru and knew what it is.  Anyone have any ideas? 

Posted - January 9

Responses

Never heard of him.
      January 9, 2024 6:15 PM MST

Great example.  Perhaps he needs someone to write a song for his voice and style.

This post was edited by . at January 9, 2024 8:37 PM MST
      January 9, 2024 6:25 PM MST

What example...I never heard of him.
      January 9, 2024 6:31 PM MST

The fact you have never heard of him. 
      January 10, 2024 5:04 AM MST

Song is too slow and the music is too loud. 
    Can he sing an upbeat song? That is what separates a good singer from a great singer. Any good singer can do the slow ones. 

I also had not heard of him. This post was edited by my2cents at January 14, 2024 6:23 AM MST
      January 10, 2024 6:13 AM MST

I agree.  It seems if he had the right songs, musicians and backup singers, his style might shine in a different  way.  With the right song for his voice and style, he may not need the back singers for every song, IDK. It bothers me for some reason to listen to him sing, it would take an expert to put his talent in the right order, for lack of a better way to say it. 

A lifetime ago I worked for Hollywood International Talents as a receptionist.  I saw all the talent that came through the door and who was chosen; actors, singers etc, ever since then I've had an appreciation for the talent of others.  

This post was edited by . at January 14, 2024 6:24 AM MST
      January 10, 2024 10:01 AM MST

He seems to choose slow songs so he can do all his fufu runs, very annoying.  I'd like to hear him really sing and use his fufu appropriately.  However, perhaps that's all he has.

This post was edited by . at January 14, 2024 5:43 PM MST
      January 14, 2024 3:18 PM MST