Active Now

Danilo_G
Discussion » Questions » Current Events and News » What do you think of Trump's new side hustle as a bible salesman? (Prompted by a recent question from Nanoose)

What do you think of Trump's new side hustle as a bible salesman? (Prompted by a recent question from Nanoose)

Posted - March 27

Responses

I am not wealthy either and Trump's tax breaks resulted in me owing more in taxes that year than I did in all the years since I began working in 1963.  Gas was $2 a gallon in 2020 due to the corona virus which kept people home and not using gas.  Food prices rose because of the backlog in the delivery chain due to Covid also.  Corporations are raking in record profits.  Once the supply chain got going again, they did not lower the cost to the consumer.  None of those things were controlled by Biden.  Biden has absolutely no control over the price of gas.  Want to know why things are to expensive, check this out:

More jobs have been created under the Biden administration than under Trump.  Under Trump, 2l.9 millions jobs were lost and the unemployment rate was 6.3%.  The international trade deficit wet up 40.5% from 2016.  The number of people insured increased by 3 million.  The federal debt increased from $14.4 trillion to $21.6 trillion.  Home prices rose 27.5%.  The federal debt held by the public went up, from $14.4 trillion to $21.6 trillion.

https://www.factcheck.org/2021/10/trumps-final-numbers/

And you think the country was better off under Trump.  Try doing some research.

This post was edited by Spunky at April 22, 2024 8:27 AM MDT
      April 22, 2024 8:26 AM MDT

Did those things suddenly change under Biden?  If not then prices should be same as under Trump.  They can spin it all they want but Biden admin created this inflation with the policies he pushed.   

Biden did not create those jobs....those are jobs that came back after the stupid lockdowns.   Again spin and twist but we all know why those jobs came back. Sad part is the pay increases don't matter because of the Bidenflation.

As I have said before, I support breaking up the monopolies,  but of course Biden is not talking about doing that.  This post was edited by my2cents at April 22, 2024 11:20 AM MDT
      April 22, 2024 10:59 AM MDT

What about all the jobs that were created in the last year?  

The fact is that you wouldn't give Biden credit if he put $150,000 a week into every taxpayer's pocket for the rest of their lives.  
      April 22, 2024 12:09 PM MDT

Oh you are wrong, if he gave me $150,000 a week for the rest of my life I would give him credit.  
    If would of course cause even more inflation, but sure he would get credit. 

US lost nearly 20M jobs in weeks (https://www.weforum.org/agenda/2023/01/us-employment-pre-pandemic/) because of covid.  When Biden jobs "created" meets that number then Biden gets credit...if it happens under his term.  
    So far, according to USA today: 2021...7.3, 2022... 4.8 2023... 3.7= 15.8M. Still not 20M....so no credit for prepandemic jobs returning. 

April 22, 2024 2:51 PM MDT

Thought I would add a vid about how cheaply Trump’s bible is made. And a question of is it even printed in the USA. Cheers and happy weekend! 

April 20, 2024 3:58 PM MDT

Thank you for the video.  Looks like a good Bible to me.   This guy's value to it as a $15 Bible is crazy.   I have a NIV that has same type of cover etc....and I bought it over 10 yrs ago.  And paid more than than then.  

But I was wanting to see an inside image.  It looks good to me. So thank you for that.
      April 22, 2024 7:14 AM MDT

As the guy turned the pages you could see his hand through the page and when the bible was laying flat you could see the words that were on the next page (cheep paper). The guy only looked at it for about 5 minuets but 2 spits on the bottom edge appeared as well as a crease on the front cover. Pages stuck to each other and when they were pulled apart the bottom of the pages ripped. So I wonder what shape the bibles will be in if people read then for an hour a day for a month. Cheers!

April 22, 2024 8:08 AM MDT

Many Bible's use the thinner paper...in fact I would say most. 
    Also gilded papers tend to stick the first time using them. But I would contact for a replacement then IF they refused then you have a legit complaint.  

Again, if I was in the market for a new Bible I would consider it. But I have a KJV already.   
      April 22, 2024 11:18 AM MDT

The KJV isn't a good bible to begin with - its a poor translation of the Greek, take it from someone who has read both. The scholars who produced it brought their 17th century prejudices to the task of translation and didn't have access to the best manuscripts - those were in Greece and the Middle East, under the control of the Ottomans who were feeling less than charitable towards infidels after repulsing a dozen Crusades.
    For example, the word "arsenokoites", translated as "sodomite" in the KJV, is better translated as "paedophile" and that radically changes the flavour of quite a lot of First Corinthians. Historical and cultural exegesis is vital when examining a document with anything like that degree of antiquity and King James's minions ignored it completely. It was a common practice in the first century Greaco-Roman world, as especially in Corinth, for rich men to keep slave boys as catamites - sexual playthings. Impoverished parents would dress their sons effeminately to make them more attractive to these predators so as to make the most money for them. It is THIS practice that Paul was upbraiding, not consensual acts between adults.
      April 21, 2024 12:08 AM MDT

They wanted NIV.  But political nuts, threw a fit and they had to go with KJV. 
      April 22, 2024 7:18 AM MDT

The NRSV is better, it takes into account discoveries from the Qumran (Dead Sea) scrolls. These have been confirmed authentic and are an earlier mss than the Masoretic Text which most earlier translations rest on.
      April 23, 2024 9:49 AM MDT

Again it was copyright issues cased by political nuts....causing known publishers to back out of publishing it.   I am sure the NRSV would have the same issues.
      April 23, 2024 4:18 PM MDT